Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2012 17:00

Intel Wireless Link 5300 agn giving install code 10 error on XPS m1530 vista home premium

Hi- I thought after trying to install latest and old Intel drivers from Intel site....I still get code 10 error so I thought of asking this forum. Any way I can fix this issue?? I have tried Intel tools and latest drivers ( w/  and w/o pro wireless utility) but cannot pass thru code 10 error. Tried uninstall and install....as earlier card 4965 agn worked fine but seems like some conflict is stopping successful 5300 agn driver install. HELP PLEASE? Thanks in addvance! :)

April 7th, 2012 02:00

glen01,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system?

Try running Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and post the rest of the information back here.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2012 11:00

G,

The 5300 is not showing in the log.

I would reseat the 5300 AGN Adapter to make sure it's seated properly.

Try the installation instructions at Installing My Wi-Fi Technology

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Rick

12 Posts

April 8th, 2012 11:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for responding. I appreciate your help.

No, I did not install new or reinstall operating system...I did restore the system couple of times over last few months when I had Intel 4965 card but I assume that should not be conflicting issue.

I am attaching the systeminfo.

I did look at your other suggested steps and none of them worked..so I will let you have a look at the file. Let me know if you need any other information. 

FYI, I did have Intel 4965 agn installed earlier and for now, using external Netgear USB N-card which you will see in the file ( I did not wanted to remove 5300 agn card - 533AN-MMW before exhausting all the options to check the issue). 

- Steps tried

1) Uninstall Pro/Driver completely, restart and let Microsoft suggest - no drivers found

2) Let Intel automatically suggest the driver, which it does- finds the card, shows driver, so downloaded/installed latest driver 14.3.06 dated 10/27/2011 -still code 10

3) Looked at other applications installed which maybe a conflict but could not figure out :(

4) Tried earlier 13.xx version of the Intel driver for 5300 and still same code 10

5) I tried Microsoft fix-it option and still no resolution 

I would really like this card to work and I do appreciate your help in advance. 

G

1 Attachment

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2012 13:00

glen01,

Sorry, you are correct it's for Windows 7 ONLY.

Download the proper drivers for the adapter and save it to the computer.

Make a system restore point.

Go to device manager, right click on the Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN adapter, then click uninstall. Tell it to remove the drivers.

Restart your computer.

When you log in to an unrestricted account, the wireless adapter will find the adapter and install the drivers.

What do you see now? If the adapter did not install, but it should since the drivers are on your system, you have the drivers to install.

Rick

12 Posts

April 8th, 2012 13:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for quick response.

Unfortunately even though card doesn't show in systeminfo...but in device manager, I do see the adapter with code 10. Let me attach the screen capture. Since its not showing, is there corruption in system? Btw, I did open the card door and reseat it to make sure (as even I thought earlier that could be an issue).

I also tried to go back to Intel download page: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21040&ProdId=3062&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%20Vista%2032*&DownloadType=Software%20Applications

It says: Features removed from this version:
The Intel® My WiFi Technology application is not supported for Windows Vista*. This feature is available on Windows 7* only.

Is this Vista issue or just my system is corrupt as system info. does not show? 

12 Posts

April 8th, 2012 17:00

Thanks for your patience helping me sort this issue.

Okay, I tried and somehow my system does not want to install on its own and when I direct it to the folder with driver, it fails again. Here is the screen capture:

I test mocked the same process with external USB wireless adapter and system didnt have problem loading driver from the folder..seems some issue with 5300 driver install on this system. Not sure whats triggering the fail but I did look at the event log..here is sequence of fail

1. Event 7076: NETwNv32: The \Device\NDMP14 service entered the Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN state.
  2. Event 5001: Error:  Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN : Could not allocate the resources necessary for operation.
  3. Event 5006: Error: Intel(R) WiFi Link 5300 AGN : The version number is incorrect for this driver.
  4. Event 5010: The description for Event ID 5010 from source NETwNv32 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2012 18:00

glen01,

After you got the above message, did you try installing the drivers?

If you have the eoperating system disk, insert it and stop it from running.

Start, all programs, accessories, right click on command prompt, left click run as administrator. Type

sfc /scannow          (space between the c and /)

Let this run, remove the disk when finished and restart the computer.

See if the adapter installs again.

If it doesn't install, the download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware update it and do a quick scan. If it finds anything, post the log back here.

Rick

12 Posts

April 8th, 2012 21:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for your help.

I did scan with sfc  w/ and w/o disk (  I didn't reboot with operating system disk or use recovery partition ) and it did say certain aspects are not repaired...let me enclose the log.

I also did use malwarebytes in safe mode and check for full scan...nothing came up.

I did reboot and try to reinstall silently with iprodifx and then normal window install...same old message!!

You been helpful with all the steps...I am really lost why this issue..normally drivers are very intelligent...vista x386 means it will work..guess there is always first time!!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2012 22:00

glen01,

I tried to open the log but do not know how.

I found THIS ARTICLE that may help you.

Just thinking, try creating another unrestricted user account on this system and see if it installs.

Rick

12 Posts

April 9th, 2012 12:00

Here is filtered SBC/CBS log

1 Attachment

12 Posts

April 9th, 2012 12:00

Hi Rick,

Sorry for not posting successful install news...seems like I just cannot win here. 

It seems that I did post blank cbs.log earlier...let me attach it again...I did filter [SR] and didnt see any smoking gun regarding Wifi Card..just some audio, tcpip and windows sidebar setting issues which it could not fix.

I did create another user and tried...same freakin fail....I did try to manually add hardware->network adapter and came up with code 31 error.

I cannot think of any reason why this card wont install on my windows..I wish I had another laptop to try it on but I dont.

You have been helping with great inputs...I do appreciate your insights and help. Thank you. :)

1 Attachment

12 Posts

April 9th, 2012 13:00

Since I been thinking of all the reasons why this card does not work, I tried loading USB version of Ubuntu/Linux and this card worked fine on this laptop with Ubuntu generic driver...amazing but some how windows wont let it load...got to be something wrong with vista then. At least I know now that card is not dead. :|

I thought I will post the update here too till solution is found for my system...scratches my head for now.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 9th, 2012 17:00

glen01,

From looking at the cbs.log, I found this information.

Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"tcpmon.ini"

Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wdmaud.drv"

Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"settings.ini"

Hashes for file member \??\C:\Windows\System32\wdmaud.drv do not match actual file

Hashes for file member \??\C:\Windows\System32\tcpmon.ini do not match actual file

From the looks of things, files do not match actual file. Meaning that something wither replaced the files or corrupted them. That owuld account as to why it works with the other operating system.

A Vista repair can be done but it takes a long time. You may want to consider, if you cannot find a way to replace these files, to backup all files and folders that you cannot afford to lose. This should be a normal practice. I would consider Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

Unless someone at Intel can provide the answer to your thread there.

Rick

12 Posts

April 9th, 2012 23:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for responding.

Do you think these three errors are causing network adapter conflict?

I would certainly like to repair these files as it would be easy way to have clean system.. I assume that first is tcpip setting, second seems to be audio info., and third is related to windows sidebar which I never use...I am not sure how to repair them for now.

By vista repair, you mean from restore d drive partition usually made by dell?

I assume that restoring to factory settings will force me to install all the programs again which can be a pain.

Yes I did post at Intel support group too but from their posts while I was searching for solutions, I wont be surprised if noone even responds :| 

I am really glad that you been so actively helping me otherwise its tiresome process of going through forums. I do appreciate your responses.

I also tested 4965 agn card and it worked as always..You have helped eliminate lot of checklist items for me. 

G

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2012 04:00

glen01,

My concerns.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. When I search for these files I find..

One version

tcpmon.ini has mostly information about the printers and printer network adapters

I have 4 versions of

wdmaud.drv It's programming coding, so I cannot read it.

I have 12 versions of settings.ini  Settings can be a lot of different things.

A Vista repair, hopefully will fix the issue but I think it runs for over 3 hours.

I went through a Vista Repair on my old system. If you want to try it, run the repair late before you go to bed, then it should be done when you wake up. Read the 2nd thread in System Restore NOT Working on Studio 1737 Vista Home Premium 32-bit - DELL COMMUNITY

This should repair and you may have a few updates to do but hopefully everything else will work. Please make sure to have all the files and folders that you cannot afford to lose before trying the procedure. I look at if your hard drive failed tomorrow, would you have all your files and folders backed up.

I also think the operating system disk was just the operating system disk. I had to get all the Windows Updates again.

Rick

No Events found!