Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2012 09:00

Internet IP ping fails

Please can anyone advise? I have a Dell Inspiron 11z (1110) with Dell 1397 mini wireless card. The wireless connection lags/drops persisitently at any time of day or night. When I connect the computer to internet via ethernet the connection is stable. When I run a diagnostics on the wireless card all pass, except the internet IP ping. I get the following message:

The wireless router/AP for your network is working, but your computer is not able to use an IP address to connect to the Internet. You will not be able to connect to the Internet, although you might be able to connect to your local network. Contact your network administrator or wireless router/AP installer for assistance.

Has anyone out there come across this and is it a problem with my router or my computer? I have installed latest driver for the 1397 mini wireless card, albeit a couple of years old.

The wireless router I am using is Netgear Rangemax Dual Band DGND3300v2. I can get into the router administration area but am at a loss as to how to reset/re-install it.

Any advice would be much appreciated, especially as I am hard of hearing and unable to hear on the phone to discuss this with Dell.

Thank you.

June 12th, 2012 20:00

Hi richardgma,

Welcome to the Dell Community

I understand that wireless connection on the Dell Inspiron 11z (1110) lags/drops persistently, however, the wired connection is stable.

I would request you to follow these steps.

1. Please change the power plan
  2. Click “Start”>> Type “power options” in “Search programs and files” text box
  3. Select “High Performance “for the power plan.
  4. Please uninstall the wireless drivers: - Click “Start”>> Type “Device Manager” in the search box. Locate the 1397 wireless driver listed under Network Adapters>> Right Click the file>> Select “Uninstall”.
  5. Reboot PC
  6. Please reinstall the drivers by following this link

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/DriverDetails/DriverFileFormats?DriverId=J2N3C&FileId=2939803301&productCode=inspiron-11z&urlProductCode=False

Please try these steps and let me know of the outcome.

Glad to be of assistance

Thanks,

Manpreet

Dell |Social Outreach Professional | Global Social Media Community

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

No Events found!