Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2015 18:00

Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Keyboard pairs with Dell Venue Pro 8 but will not work

I have a Dell Venue Pro 8 tablet which is paired with a Microsoft Sculpt Mobile Bluetooth keyboard.  It worked well for a couple weeks.  I did not use the keyboard for a couple weeks and now it does not work.  I have uninstalled  and reinstalled it without any problems.  It indicates that the Sculpt device is paired with the VP8.  I have run diagnostics on the VP8.  Everything shows there are no problems. According to the Bluetooth setting on the VP8 the MS Sculpt Keyboard is working properly.   And yet, when I try to type anything from the keyboard...nothing.   What am I missing?   Anyone else having this problem.

1.8K Posts

August 31st, 2015 14:00

Hi,

If it's pairing with the Venue Pro I'm not sure what else we can do to help but I did find this link on the Microsoft Support forums about troubleshooting the Sculpt Mobile keyboard.  Maybe that will help. 

If it's pairing but the keyboard isn't working all I can think of is that the keyboard has failed.  You may want to check with Microsoft support and see if they can provide more information.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Todd

3 Posts

August 31st, 2015 16:00

Thank you for your response.

One big thing I failed to mention is that I know someone who purchased the same Dell VenuePro8 at the same time and place as mine   The Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth keyboard pairs readily and works just fine with this VP8.  I have trIed the troubleshooting as suggested with no luck.  This leaves me to believe the problem is in the tablet.

1.8K Posts

September 1st, 2015 11:00

Thank you for your response.

One big thing I failed to mention is that I know someone who purchased the same Dell VenuePro8 at the same time and place as mine   The Microsoft Sculpt Bluetooth keyboard pairs readily and works just fine with this VP8.  I have trIed the troubleshooting as suggested with no luck.  This leaves me to believe the problem is in the tablet.

Hi,

Not sure I would agree with that.  You said that you left the keyboard sitting unused for a while, correct?  If the tablet is pairing with the device, but the device isn't working I'd guess it was the device, not the tablet.

If your friend's keyboard works fine with your Venue Pro 8 but this one doesn't, that also leads to the belief that it is the keyboard, not the tablet.  

Do other bluetooth items pair with the tablet and work normally?

Todd

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2015 15:00

Hi,
My keyboard IS working with my friend's VP8 tablet.  He does not have a keyboard of his own  So, it is not
the keyboard that has the problem.

I do not know if other Bluetooth devices work with my tablet.  I do not have any other Bluetooth devices.

No Events found!