Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 30th, 2009 10:00

Monitor with white screen

I have a Dell 20" wide E207wfp lcd Monitor that I got May 23, 2008. Which means the 1 year warrantee is now expired.

My issue is that while my wife was leaving the internet, the monitor went to a white screen without any pictures or text.

My question is, Has anyone experience their monitor going to a blank screen (other than Black) and if so what was wrong with the monitor?

I went to the Dell web site and there was nothing about a blank white screen (just black which means power source.) I check the connections, I online chatted and called customer service with dell and they state that the only way for me to find out what is wrong with my monitor is to pay for tech support which they said would most likely say I need a new monitor.

I have unplugged the monitor power and cable to the CPU and replaced but still had the white screen.

I have an older monitor that I put on the CPU and I can see all icons and windows.

3 Posts

May 24th, 2010 09:00

I have the same situation.  If you find or found a solution, I would love to hear it.  I am computer repairer but don't touch monitors.  I thought about process of elimination as far as parts but with the cost of monitors these days, it might be just as cheap to go out and by another one. I just loved this monitor and the service it gave me the past 3 and 1/2 yrs. 

Thanks

No Events found!