Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2012 14:00

My Dell Mini Suddenly OFF on Dell Start Screen Bar

My Dell Mini Suddenly OFF on Dell Start Screen Bar, Sometimes it works fine after a break of 30 min to 1 hour. It starts fine after the break but again after windows login suddenly OFF.
I have also checked on direct power without the battery but still facing same problem.
Need Help
Thanks in advance.
Khawar Junjoi

953 Posts

September 11th, 2012 21:00

Hi Khawar,

First thing I would recommend is running diagnostics on the machine. Follow the steps below to run diagnostics on the machine:

1. Power on/restart the computer.
  2. As the computer boots, press when the Dell Splash Screen appears.
  3. When the Boot menu appears, highlight the Boot to Utility Partition option, or the Diagnostics option and then press to start the 32-bit Dell Diagnostics. 
  4. If you receive an error during diagnostics click this link (http://dell.to/S9ZF6m) to see what that error code means.
  5. Once the initial test passes Press N for No when it asks you to Continue Memory Tests. (You can optionally run the extended memory test which might take more than 30 minutes or greater depending on the size of the memory.)
  6. Press the key to highlight Test System Press to continue to 32-bit Diagnostics.
  7. Select Express Test this will run a quick test of devices in the system. This typically can take 10-20 minutes.
  8. If all the tests pass there is no problem with the hardware in the machine. This might require some settings to be managed in windows or software changes.
  9. Reply if you get any error code in the diagnostics.

So that I can closely look at the system details I request you to private message me your system service tag number. To private message accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.

No Events found!