Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 12th, 2012 18:00

My XPS M1330 laptop suddenly can't find any wireless networks.

My XPS M1330 was working fine until today.  While using the computer, it disconnected from my home wireless network. Windows Device Manager tells me the device is working normally.  The WiFi switch is on but the WiFi catcher doesn't find any networks.  I can connect to my home network with an Ethernet cable and my desktop, which is on the same network, can connect so i know its not my modem or router.  What to do?

1 Message

October 18th, 2015 21:00

I just fixed mine. I first suspected the little switch as the problem. I booted into bios with F2 and set the wireless switch to control "None". By the time it booted at bios exit it was already coñnected to my network.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2012 05:00

calaf49,

Try start, control panel, Windows Mobility center. You should see...

Click on launch. You should see...

Click on advanced and it should be...

Rick

3 Posts

May 13th, 2012 06:00

Thanks, but I've already been thru those steps.  All settings read normal, yet, no networks are detected.

3 Posts

May 13th, 2012 07:00

Just fixed the problem.  For some reason, the wireless capability was turned off.  I connected via Ethernet cable, ran troubleshooter (for the 5tth or 6th time), & it fixed it.  I have no idea what went wrong in the 1st place.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 13th, 2012 10:00

calaf49,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thnaks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

October 25th, 2022 23:00

I know this message won't find you, but you just helped me fix my wifi problem. Now I'll try to use it as a Chromebook.
Thaankyou

No Events found!