Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2015 14:00

Need M5110 Network Controller Drive - Want to Download to Alternate PC

I had to reinstall Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron M5110. Unfortunately the Drivers and Utilities disk that was shipped with the PC when new is no longer available. I am unable to access the web since I could not install the network controller driver.

The DVD drive is working. Therefore I attempted to download the driver from the Dell website on a different PC with a plan to burn the file to a DVD. The Dell site "insists" that Dell System Detect be launched before I can download the network controller driver for the M5110.driver. I don't want t utilize System Detect since I do not want to install the driver on the PC I am using to get the file...I am using the current PC only so I can retrieve the driver file I need for the PC being restored.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

6 Posts

August 18th, 2015 08:00

The link to the FTP site is very helpful. Thank you for the assistance.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 12th, 2015 04:00

You don't need to use Dell System Detect, instead opt to manually select your computer model and then get to your drivers. What are the hardware IDs?

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/downloading-drivers-checking-hardware-ids-and-downloading-and-installing-dell-system-drivers-in-the-correct-order/checking-hardware-ids-in-the-device-manager/

6 Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

Thank you very much for the reply. I have identified the files I need however the Dell website will not let me execute the download unless I first agree to allow addition of Dell System Detect to my system. Please see the screen image below.

As mentioned earlier I need to copy these to a CD since I need these files for restoring a PC that is different from the one I am using to get the files. Therefore download of Dell System Detect to this alternate PC is not appropriate.

If listing the hardware ids will facilitate your assisting me please advise and I will retrieve that information.

6 Posts

August 12th, 2015 08:00

Apparently a screen image cannot be embedded in a posting. I have uploaded a .jpg file.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

August 12th, 2015 11:00

Its because you are adding them all to a list and not manually downloading each one individually....

Anyway try the FTP website:

http://downloads.dell.com/published/Pages/index.html

6 Posts

August 21st, 2015 19:00

I have restored the computer successfully with the exception of three hardware items. Unfortunately the USB ports are not functioning.

Since the system message indicates that the drivers are missing I looked at the Dell FTP in an attempt to identify the specific driver files; I am unable to identify them on the FTP. Is there another way to determine what driver files are needed?

6 Posts

August 21st, 2015 19:00

error window image

1 Attachment

No Events found!