Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2013 12:00

No Network

Hi,I need some help. Today I got a Dell Inspiron n5110 blue, with Intel Core i3 2350M 2.3GHz
I successfully installed original windows 7 professional,but I don't have the ability to connect to any network.
At home we do have wireless,a working router that other laptops connect to without a problem,but this one can't find any network.
Also,in the control panel menu,under network and sharing, among wireless adapters there is only a bluetooth adapter listed,no LAN connection or anything. On the taskbar ,there is a local connection icon,but when i click on it,it simply says that there are no available networks.. When I try to connect to a network as usual or by strictly following the instruction manual that came with the device,it ends up the same,can't find a network.
I figure that I need some drivers,but since my laptop came with freedos system,and drivers for that one,I don't know which ones do I need for windows 7.
Could someone help me with this?
Oh,and if it means something,my service tag is .

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 29th, 2013 12:00

Avendesora,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

3 Posts

January 30th, 2013 15:00

Yes,I made a mistake there,I didn't install all of the chipsets. Still,I am not sure what among the links is my number 10,wireless network card.. I sit half mini card,maxlink, or one of these two 802.11 ?

3 Posts

January 31st, 2013 07:00

Is it*

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 31st, 2013 09:00

Avendesora,

Sorry for the delay, work.

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

No Events found!