Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2013 13:00

No internet access

Why can my Dell Inspiron Laptop connect to wifi but not get internet through it?

1.3K Posts

April 8th, 2013 15:00

Hi Joanne,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing issues installing Google Chrome. Please try the alternate link below to install Google Chrome offline.

http://bit.ly/s7sAPB

Do you get any error messages when you try to run Skype or Steam? Please let me know so that I may assist you better.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 15:00

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your reply.

Please try the following steps to reset winsock settings on your computer for the issues you are facing.

• Click Start>Run>type in cmd>ok
  • in the command prompt window type the following command:  netsh winsock reset  and then press the Enter key.
  • Restart your computer.

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

April 4th, 2013 13:00

Hi Jojo,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Please let me know the Dell System Model and Windows Operating System on your computer.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

8 Posts

April 4th, 2013 16:00

Inspiron N4110

Windows 7

1.3K Posts

April 4th, 2013 17:00

Hi Jojo,

Please check your wireless router and the firewall settings on your computer .  Make sure that no firewall is blocking wireless connectivity. Some networking features in Windows Vista and Windows 7 are not compatible with older network routers and may cause problems, please click the link below for a list of compatible routers.

http://bit.ly/Z4ZcHa

You may also need to update the wireless network drivers for your Dell Inspiron N4110 which are accessible from the link below. Uninstall the existing wireless drivers by accessing the Device Manager prior to installing the drivers.

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Un-install the wireless adapter and reboot the system. Then, click on the link below to download wireless drivers.

http://dell.to/10A0ScU

Let me know if further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

8 Posts

April 4th, 2013 18:00

Babita,

I cannot get online on my laptop in order to connect to the site link you supplied to download another wireless driver. So this solution did not work for me. Any other suggestions? I checked the router and firewall on my PC and the settings are fine. When I try to PING my laptop from my PC it fails! Please HELP!!!

1.3K Posts

April 5th, 2013 11:00

Hi Jojo,

You may try to download the wireless driver on a different computer and burn it to a disc Then, install the driver using the disc on your laptop.

Try using the Fn + F2 key to turn wireless On or Off. Use Windows Mobility Center in the control panel to check the status of the wireless connection.

Please reply if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

1.3K Posts

April 5th, 2013 13:00

Hi Joanne,

Error 137 occurs whenever you attempt to browse any website through your Chrome Browser and resetting TCP/IP and uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome may resolve the issue.

You can reset TCP/IP using command available in NetShell utility. Follow the procedure given below to reset TCP/IP.

• Click on Start | Type Command Prompt in Search Box
  • Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator
  • Enter correct Admin login credentials if prompted.
  • Type “netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt” without quotes and press Enter
  • Note: you can use this command as “netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt” without allocating path.
  • Restart your system

For uninstalling and reinstalling Google Chrome, follow the steps mentioned below:

• Close all active programs
  • Click on Start button
  • Select Control Panel
  • Click on Uninstall a program
  • Select Google Chrome
  • Click on Uninstall
  • Close Control Panel Windows
  • Click on Start again
  • Type Disk Cleanup/Disk defragmenter, Right-click on Disk Cleanup/Disk defragmenter and select Run as Administrator
  • Select Installation Drive
  • Click on OK
  • Restart your System. Try connecting to the Internet using Internet Explorer.
  • Download and install Google Chrome again.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

8 Posts

April 5th, 2013 13:00

Hi Babita,

Mobility Center is showing wireless is connected. Still no access on internet. Error message from Google Chrome, Facebook, etc. reads "Error 137". Thanks for all of your time and effort in this matter, it is greatly appreciated.

Joanne

8 Posts

April 6th, 2013 12:00

Hi Babita,

Thank you that fixed the "Error 137" problem. I am still having problems opening up Skype & Steam.

8 Posts

April 8th, 2013 07:00

Hi Babita,

I am not able to reinstall Google Chrome. The message is that "installation has failed" Also Skype and Steam are still not working, I am working off of Internet Explorer and that seems to working fine. Any suggestions??

Joanne

8 Posts

April 8th, 2013 19:00

Hi Babita,

The offline install did not work, the error message I am getting for Google Chrome is, "failed to run: error 0x80072ee4" and the error message for Steam is "WSAStartup() for 2.0 returned error code 10107" as far as Skype goes it is still saying that I am offline though I am running Internet Explorer. Do you have any other ideas?

Thank you,

Joanne

8 Posts

April 10th, 2013 07:00

Hi Babita,

You are the BEST!!! Everything is working perfectly, even Google Chrome!! Thank you soooo much for all of your time and patience with my crazy computer problems! Let your boss know that you deserve a raise and a few days off with pay!!:emotion-1: Was this problem preventable on my end? What did I do to cause this??

Thanks,

Joanne

1.3K Posts

April 12th, 2013 10:00

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for your reply. I am glad to know that the issue has been resolved and your system is working fine now.

Most of the Internet connectivity problems arise out of corrupt Winsock settings. Windows sockets settings may get corrupted due to the installation of a networking software, or perhaps due to Malware attacks which attempt to disable or filter internet connectivity . You will be able connect to the Internet, but the packets won't transfer back and forth.

Some preventive measures could be running regular system scans and keeping your anti-virus program updated. Always turn off your computer when not in use. Be careful of attachments and links which you receive in emails.

Please feel free to contact me in case of any further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

1 Message

May 16th, 2020 11:00

I followed the reset thing and the internet worked for 2-3 minutes but again got "no internet access " in my wifi section . Repeatedly it happens. Pls help

No Events found!