Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2010 13:00

Ongoing problems recognizing dell wireless keyboard and mouse

I have had periodic problems with my Inspiron 530S computer not recognizing the (Dell) keyboard and mouse.  There is no specific cause I can identify.  Today it wouldn't recognize the keyboard. Checked wireless devices (lower right corner) and both were listed, but keyboard was not "functioning".  I changed batteries, although I just did it several weeks ago, removed the keyboard and then it never did "recognize" it again.  I even made a trip to get new batteries, but did not help.  I finally gave up and installed my old Logitech keyboard which needs the "connector" plugged into a USB port.  It never gave me problems.  I checked Dell website for drivers, found a Logitech driver update and downloaded that, but have no idea how to see if it is operational or even was the correct one.  The frequency this happens has made me vow NEVER to own another Dell computer!

January 10th, 2010 13:00

Which keyboard and mouse combo do you have, is it the bluetooth ones of the RF units that need a USB receiver plugged in. I have experienced seldomly though the same issue with my bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

1 Message

January 23rd, 2011 13:00

Which keyboard and mouse combo do you have, is it the bluetooth ones of the RF units that need a USB receiver plugged in. I have experienced seldomly though the same issue with my bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

I have the bluetooth type with a receiver that plugs into a USB port on my computer. I've had it for several years. About every 6 - 8 months, suddenly either the keyboard or the mouse will stop working. I replace the batteries and then the other component won't work. I go back and forth for a long time and then I end up changing batteries in the "other" device and go back and forth trying to reset the connection. It drives me crazy. Right now I can type, but the mouse won't work. I'm out of warranty. Does anyone know how to reset properly?

No Events found!