Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2014 18:00

Optiplex 760 SFF loses Internet connectivity?

Hi,

Running  a 760 Vista Business, 64bit, 2Core [SP2], with a Belkin F6D4050 Wireless USB Adapter, for which I have the driver CD.

Suddenly cannot get the Internet and am now getting this pop-up

Find this confusing because this other window shows that the adapter is receiving a good signal?

Any ideas please? There are other computers running from the router, so the router does not seem to be the issue here?

Thanks

512 Posts

March 30th, 2014 16:00

The 760 is now connecting to the Internet - total mystery!

:emotion-3:

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 30th, 2014 16:00

Hi KR236RK,

I'm moving your message to the wireless forum for more help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 30th, 2014 18:00

kr236rk,

I have seen issues with Belking adapters connecting with WPA Security. They have trouble determining the difference between WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(Personal) and WPA-AES

Try using channels 1, 6 or 11 in your wireless router. There may also be some tips found in the Recommended Wireless Router Settings

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!