Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 21st, 2010 17:00

Please help me. Ethernet controller error

I am trying to go from dail up to comcast cable internet. under device manager there was a yellow ? beside mutlimedia vedio, audio and ethernet controller. I was able to download the drivers for the audio and vedio, but no luck with the ethernet. I have tried many. please someone tell me the exzact one. i have a optiplex gx260. Im going crazy. I have even googled it and nothing. Thank you so much

4.6K Posts

January 22nd, 2010 08:00

Welcome to the forums :emotion-21:

What OS/version are you using first of all - i.e. XP SP3, Vista Home Premium 32bit, or whatever?

Next... upgrading from dial-up to a broadband connection, has no bearing on the drivers installed?

You obviously had those yellow exclamation marks anyway?

Have you reinstalled the OS recently?

Anyway, your first port of call for such problems, should always be the 'support' section on the manufacturer's website - not Google.

You'd subsequently have found a link on the Dell website to the main drivers/downloads page, from where you'd eventually have been taken to the Optiplex GX260 'Drivers & Downloads' page.

Note that drivers need to be installed as per Dell's Driver Installation advisory.

Installing them out of order *can* lead to problems later on.

Finally... when you eventually click on the driver download links, a new window will open, asking you which method you want to use to download the drivers?

DON'T choose the Dell Download Manager!!  Select the browser option instead!

No Events found!