Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 23rd, 2008 12:00

Re: problem with wireless network

Hello guys
I followed this thread and i have no problem with my notebook now except for the wireless network.
There are no sign of warnings in device manager and i can connect to my university wireless network and use the internet. but the problem is after a while the connection tray program stops responding and i will have to restart my notebook to use the internet again :smileysad: !
I have installed the following drivers:
 1. R127314.EXE: Network-Wireless 335 Bluetooth Module driver : http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R127314.EXE
 2. R164255.EXE: Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN-driver : http://ftp.us.dell.com/network/R164255.EXE
i have explained the problem in detailed below:
If the signal strength is powerful, i wont have this problem, if the signal strength is a bit less, i will have this problem after a long time. if the signal strength is normal, i will have this problem after several minutes. generally, the less the signal strength the less time i can use the internet. i will have to turn wireless off and on periodically to prevent connection program from stop responding.
when connection program stops responding, when i try to restart my computer, i will have to end this tasks. also i wont be able to standby my notebook, it gives an error massage that one of the drivers are not working properly, I DID NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM WITH MY PREVIUOS NOTBOOK. i could use the internet as much as i wanted even if signal was week!
I think the problem is that when the connection gets lost, the driver enters a bug and cannot disconnect or reconnect properly so if i take my notebook somewhere else with wireless network connected to internet, the driver will stop responding.

I formatted my computer and installed xp several times to make sure i have not make a mistake, but each time the problem exist.
Would anybody help me so that i can use my universities wireless internet comfortably?
With thanks in advance.
kian zarrin

Message Edited by Kian Zarrin on 01-23-2008 08:59 AM

73 Posts

January 23rd, 2008 15:00

by 'connection tray program' i assume you are talking about the Intel Proset icon. try uninstalling Proset (only Proset, leave the drivers untouched) and connect using WZC. proset as always been a pain even for me. try Volcano's suggestion prior to trying mine though

28K Posts

January 23rd, 2008 15:00

Have you tried using the Intel ProSet Utility to adjust the power management settings on the wireless adapter to always supply full power?

Steve
No Events found!