Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2004 03:00

Signal Booster for Dell 2300 wireless router

What signal booster is compatible with Dell 2300 TrueMobile Wireless Router.  Does Del make something and if so, what is it called?  I have poor reception on a remote laptop 35 feet away, changed channels, no help, and have router as far away from electrical stuff as possible.  Router in basement near desktop, laptop second floor of woodframe house, kinda disappointing.

11 Posts

August 11th, 2004 02:00

Chrisocala!!

A week later, but...

Your instructions were fantastic, I got the 602 hooked right up, no problems.  I now have good coverage all over my house.  I appreciate your help.

I now have a Netgear WGT624 router I have no use for, it is brand new never been used because I couldn't configure it to be a repeater.  It was taken out of the box and I attempted to configure it but when I finally gave up, I reset everthing to default settings.  The new buyer should do the same.  I would make somebody a real deal on this thing.  It's a 108Mbps router, I have Cd, packaging, ethernet cable, book, etc.  If you know of anyone needing /or wanting it, I'll take $50 and I'll pay the shipping.  They list from $75-99 plus shipping.  critterdoc2@earthlink.net

Thanks again, it was really pretty easy once I had your good instructions to go by.

One last Q I promise, if I get another wireless laptop, it should pick right up on the 602, right?  Since the 2300 and 602 are talking, a new laptop should be able to join in the fun too.  I realize it might slow things down some, but it should work, right? 

August 13th, 2004 00:00

I'm no network guru.  I learn by trying something or screwing something up and then having to fix it.  In theory I think you should be able to use as many laptops as you want.  Glad to hear that you got everything going well.  This was really the answer to my problem.

Chrisocala

July 31st, 2019 01:00

The topic you are explaining regarding wireless router is good. But if you don't even how to solve it then it's a little bit problem for you. Whenever you are trying to boost up the signal then you have to check the bandwidth of the router. If you need to Solve Netgear Router Password Issues then you also go through this.

No Events found!