Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2012 09:00

The Realtek Network Controller was not found. Deep Sleep mode is active , please plug in power cable ?!?!?!?!?

Dell Inspiron laptop n4110-6 gb RAM- 575 gb HD- intel i-5 processor 1333mhz. Win 7 -64 bit

everything was fine until yesterday...started up laptop and noticed the network connection icon in my task bar hd the "red-x" through it...i knew something was up cuz i had ethernet hardline in to my machine. after I had inspected every possible home netwrok issue...i noticed it was more pc related.

now i go to my device manager to check my network adapters..... there are NONE listed...i go to "View" to find that unhide all devices and note there are only wireless drivers in this device and NOT the typical "realtek-8111E" controller that SHOULD be listed.

So far...i have done these steps

1) ensured BIOS (my cmos is phoenix tianos build) lan settings are correct- done

2) Removed RAM from slots

3) Removed Cmos Battery

4) waited for 15 minutes.

it is still not working ....anyone know about this issue? i even tried a clean install of win 7 and that doesnt work

bad MB? bad network controller? this is terrible....happened out of nowhere.

anyone that can help ...please!!!

best

jc

November 10th, 2012 15:00

community: to no avail...i took the entire laptop apart again...went thru everything to make sure every last little chord wire - band was connected properly. I also even went the extra length of disconnecting the wlan card from its port and unscrewing it( blk/whte wires too) left it out for a while/

then step by step carefully putting it back together///Ram and all...i power it on .....NO "PCI controllers detected" & "SM bus controllers" detected"

great. psshhhh...dont ya love when this happens DAYS  after the warranty expires? hehe

still waiting on input from any one that can insist on something i may have missed.

let me know,

thanks

jc

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 10th, 2012 16:00

jc,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Desktop/Notebook system software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Desktop/Notebook system software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

14 Posts

February 4th, 2013 22:00

I have the same problem and i have try everything.

February 5th, 2013 03:00

Update to my last post****

I found out why i had that issue and rick thanks for your input but it was incorrect" drivers had nothing to do with it

I was taking out a BIOS password my nephew installed.. when i exited BIOS i must've exited resetting defaults

And that is when my problem started.. You can call me an idiot but did not realize i made the mistake.

I figured it out when i got someone from "phoenix technologies " on the phone which is legendary to have... He knew right away it was a BIOS related issue.

Kakaroto... Please email me @

And i will personally spend every second helping you if what i last said does not work. I must learn any

Variable around this if there is one.

Jc

February 5th, 2013 03:00

Go into your BIOS and reset everything to default. Then upon exit, "save changes and load defaults" (each BIOS build is different so try To make sure it states similar) Restart your pc I am willing to work with you on this issue as much as possible. It wasn't taking out RAM that work, it was not flashing the BIOS ...Fresh installs of your OS will set you back farther.. Trust me Its in your BIOS. Its NOT uninstalling and reinstalling your network adapter drivers I will be checking up on this post and effectively would like to see if you got it Jonathan

14 Posts

February 5th, 2013 12:00

hey thank i have reset the bios several times and update it to to A12 version i remove the bios battery all and left for like 4 hour nothing happend i did a fresh install of windows 7 and windows 8 and nothing i did change the wireless card and nothing i just thinking to buy the DC board cause it have the nic chip there

1 Message

May 17th, 2013 08:00

i have the same problem and tried everything but nothing was change. how did you solve it ?

May 17th, 2013 10:00

Hi lordsansar,

Are you facing issues while connecting to internet using Ethernet cable on your system?

If yes, please check in device manager if the drivers for Ethernet card are installed. You may follow the steps below to open device manager :

• Press Windows + R button on keyboard
  • Type 'devmgmt.msc' without quotes and press Enter
  • Please share a screenshot of Device Manager after expanding Network Adapters and Other Devices

Also, share the exact system model and Operating System installed on your system.

Please share the steps you have already followed for troubleshooting the issue. Will take it further from there.

13 Posts

May 17th, 2013 18:00

hey can someone help me please. my network controller is not working. i have 4 weeks trying to solve this problem but i can please please help me.

May 22nd, 2013 08:00

Hi felito14,

Please share the system model along with the OS installed on computer.

You may follow the steps below to identify the device of whom the driver is missing/malfunctioning :

• Press Windows + R button on keyboard
  • Type 'devmgmt.msc' without quotes and press Enter
  • Under Other devices, you will find the devices with missing drivers
  • Right Click on device and click on Properties

• Click on Details and share the Hardware Id information

Please reply with the information. Will take it further from there.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2013 20:00

I have the same problem; I just had to install a new hard drive and after doing this, I don't have anything under the "other" or Network Adapters.

2 Posts

October 6th, 2013 03:00

I thought I would provide more information  - I have a Inspiron N5110 running on 64-bit Windows 7.

No Events found!