Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

August 18th, 2009 03:00

Truemobile 1300 WLAN card no longer working following Dell driver update - Latitude D600

I have a recently rebuilt D600 running XP Prof XP3 full patched. The machine was a clean build on a new disk about 2 months ago and all has been working well (excepting the Fujitsu HDD which seems to be going bad as I type, but that's a different issue!).

I was offer via Microsoft Update: "Dell driver update for Dell TrueMobile 1300 WLAN Mini-PCI Card" 2 days ago (mid August 2009). This is a Dell supplied update distributed via MS. Also offered (and installed) at the same time was "Darfon - Other Hardware - Bluetooth Devices". Since installing these (and the installs reporting as completing correctly) I keep getting:

• Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller encountered a problem and needed to close.

and

• Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

error dialogues. These pop up every 30 seconds or so and seem to be related to the Dell TrueMobile 1300 update.

Looking in the Windows directory there is no uninstall directory for this update unlike the MS updates. So I now either need to:

1. Get the updates to work properly
  2. Remove the updates and get back to a working condition

If you wonder why I applied the updates...why repair something that's already working...I have had Bluetooth sporadic connection issues with this laptop with a BT GPS unit. The same BT GPS unit works perfectly on a D610 but on this D600 after initial connection there can be repeated connection loss requring the BT GPS unit to be moved around, after which BT connection is re-established only to fail a while later. As the same GPS works without problem with the D610 my presumption has been the issue is a BT stack issue on the D600 BT implementation. Hence my hope was this Wireless update might resolve these BT issues.

So any ideas on why the Wireless update seems to have made things so much worse and indeed do the initial BT connection issues sound familiar and have any resolution?

Thx.../Iain

1 Message

January 31st, 2013 19:00

Dell Wireless WLAN Card Wireless Network Controller encountered a problem

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

February 1st, 2013 13:00

mahadidee,

Places to look to see if your Connection is enabled

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Rick

No Events found!