Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

August 2nd, 2009 21:00

WHY WILL DELL NOT SHIP MY ORDER or LET ME CANCEL IT!?!??!!

I was approved for a credit line THROUGH DELL, placed an order THROUGH DELL, and then received an email my order is on hold because I need to call.  So I call, and a very RUDE csr told me I have to wait for him to send me a letter in 2 weeks, then do "whatever the letter says" and they might ship my order.  It's like he's asking for ransom or something!  He asked for the phone number that I was calling from (which is the same number associated on my APPROVED DELL ACCOUNT, and THE ONLY PHONE NUMBER I have!) and then said, "Do you have an alternate phone number?"  I of course said "No," since I don't have another phone, and he said "Oh, well in that case, I'm sorry but we cannot ship your order at this time."  WHAT?!?!?!?! 

I told him I'm not sure what the problem is, he has all my vital statistics and personal info (SS#, address, phone number, name,ect.) but says "this is procedure and they are worried about identity theft."  I told him I totally understand that in today's world, and thank him for his concern.  I asked if it is procedure, does everyone go through this process but was told "No."  Weird, not sure why you gave me a credit line with THAT SAME INFO, and let me place an order WITH THE EXACT SAME INFO, but will not ship it?  I did not spend $1000+ to get my items in a few months.  RIDICULOUS.

He would not answer questions, only repeat the same thing like a robot, and was very short with me.  I asked for a supervisor.  He didn't want to let me talk to one, but finally said "OK."  Then I was put on hold.  FOR 12 MINUTES.  Then my call apparently went back into the dell intro menu, an operator finally picked up and asked me where he should direct my call.  I told him a supervisor.  He asked me why, and I told him because that was where I was SUPPOSED to be routed, before I got thrown back in the intro menu.  He asked what I needed help with and I told him "talking to a supervisor."  He said "OK, hold on" and HUNG UP ON ME!

I called back.  Got through to another unfriendly csr who all but fought me to talk to a supervisor.  Then he finally said he would transfer me, I was put on hold for 17 MINUTES this time, then got put right back to the dell intro menu.

So I called back, AGAIN.  Got to the csr and told him I wanted to cancel my order.  He asked "now why would you want to do that?" (After hearing laughing in the background of this call) I told him "well, you won't ship my order, you won't let me talk to a supervisor, and the customer service has been horrible and I would prefer to take my business and my money elsewhere."  He asked what the problem was so I told him.  He said that it is just procedure.  I told him I understand that, but I need reasons as to why I was singled out and asked AGAIN to talk to a supervisor.  He finally said "OK" also, and put me on hold, then I was hung up on.  AGAIN.  Unbelievable.

I called one last time, got through to another csr and asked to cancel my order, was told that I cannot cancel the order until I get my letter in the mail in 2 weeks!!??   Again I asked to talk to a supervisor, was put on hold for 15 minutes, and then was hung up on.

August 2nd, 2009 22:00

Welcome to the wonderful world of Contracting out jobs/ sending them overseas.

Wierd stuff comes up sometimes and well you just have to hang on and ride at times.

Good luck!.

I hope there is a DELL Liason here that can help this person.:emotion-2:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 2nd, 2009 22:00

dancergrrrl3,

You should have posted this at DELL New to the Community?

Can I cancel my order? <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

Rick

August 3rd, 2009 09:00

Thanks Kendallbennett for the encouraging words! :)

And a big thanks for the very warm welcome, Rick.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 3rd, 2009 10:00

dancergrrrl3,

You should be ok, now that Robert responded to you.

Take care,

Rick

No Events found!