Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 9th, 2017 16:00

WIFI Options Are Available, But Dell Is "Not Connected" And Won't Troubleshoot To Find Networks Or Connect To WIFI At All

My Dell XPS 12 was working normally and my connection to any wireless network was just fine till it randomly "turned off" the WIFI Networks option and started showing absolutely no possible networks for me to connect to when I know there are a ton.

Last night when I right-clicked the WIFI icon in the task bar it did the troubleshooting just fine and got my WIFI Network list back up so I could connect to my router just fine. When I tried troubleshooting this morning, it says, "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem."

I've gone to "Explore additional options" but none of the supports have worked. They tell me to select Start, then Settings > Network & Internet > Wifi to see the list of networks, but that's not working. It's not on Airplane mode and I'm not sure if this laptop has a physical WIFI switch to turn on (I'm not even sure where the indicator light is for me to check).

I do not know what the problem is and I can't figure out how to solve it :/

Thanks in advance..

Please, let me know if you need to know any further information so I can fix this problem..

Thanks again,

Monique

• 

16.7K Posts

October 10th, 2017 08:00

niquers11,

Which specific xps model do you have and what is the current OS installed? Below is a link for resolving wifi issues.

Dell Networking and Wireless Support Center

2 Posts

October 10th, 2017 11:00

This is all the info I have on the computer. I just got it 2 weeks ago and know little about PCs. I'm not sure how to check what IS is installed.

DELL XPS 12 XPS9250-4554WLAN Intel Core M5 6Y54 (1.10 GHz) 8 GB Memory 256 GB SSD Intel HD Graphics 515 12.5" Touchscreen 3840 x 2160 Ultrabook Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

• 

16.7K Posts

October 10th, 2017 12:00

niquers11,

Click the link below for resolving the network issue. Also, make sure airplane mode stays off. Below is not A Dell Video.

How To Fix WiFi Issues After Windows 10 

Windows 10 Wireless Networking Usage and Troubleshooting Guide for the Home

Getting Started and Connecting to a Wireless Network

You can also call Dell Support since you just purchased your computer and they should help you set this up. 1-800-624-9896

No Events found!