Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 9th, 2011 09:00

WLAN 1370 Sees Network but won't connect

Rescued an Inspiron 1300 with Windows XP.

Everything is back up and running perfectly with all security updates and patches.  Basically brand new, reformatted harddrive with ALL software re-installed including OS.

But now the WLAN mini-card (DW1370) won't connect to my wireless network.  It sees both my network as well as all the other networks in the area, however, when I try to connect nothing happens.  My network has both a MAC and PC laptop wirelessly connected so not sure why this laptop won't connect.

I am running the most up to date driver: 

Driver - v.4.100.15/4.100.15.8, A10

File Name: R140747
But no luck.  This is a 5 minute fix but I am going on my third day trying to resolve this issue.  Please help.
Additional info:
Ethernet card works fine and I am able to connect to the internet hardwired.
Might this same problem be the reason why the Dell Quickset shows options for Power Management, Display & System Settings but nothing for Network Connectivity?
Thanx in advance

7 Posts

June 13th, 2011 11:00

RESET THE ROUTER

Do you believe thats all it was.   I just reset the router with all the same information I had previously and boom the laptop saw it and connected.

No special drivers or settings or HP files.  Just the updated current driver for the device and a reset to the router.

Unbelievable

7 Posts

June 9th, 2011 12:00

Absolutely.  Since I had to copy the drivers from an internet capable machine I broke down each of the driver sets into its own folder numbering each folder so all I had to do was copy the folders to a USB drive and then upload the drivers going through the numbers of the folders sequentially.

If the wireless driver came out of order how would I go back to fix that?

If the driver was installed in the correct order (as I believe it was) what is the next step to try to remedy.

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

11.1K Posts

June 9th, 2011 14:00

The NSS must be first then the chipset. The rest doesn't really matter.

See if you can borrow a USB wifi device, and see if you can connect. If you can, then the miniPCI card is bad. If you can't, then there is some sort of setting that is wwrong.

7 Posts

June 9th, 2011 17:00

Drivers were installed in the proper order.

If the card is bad how is it detecting all the networks in the area?  

Will the card work in a non-Dell laptop and vice-versa?

7 Posts

June 11th, 2011 14:00

Swapped out WLAN card with another one.  Same thing happens.  What "sort of setting" must be adjusted to allow the network, which can be seen, to connect.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 11th, 2011 15:00

MrJLR69,

Did you try...

Dell Wireless 1300/1350/1370/1390/1395/1397/1400/1450/1470/1490/1500/1505/1510/1520 WLAN (Broadcom 43xx chip-based) cards, quickest and easiest solutions

In device manager, network, 1370. Some have antenna diversity and some don't if you's has this try changing it from Auto to Aux.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 13th, 2011 11:00

MrJLR69,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back. If you ever have electrical storms or power flickers, in your area, powering off the isp modem/router and the wireless router(if any) for 30 seconds, then turning on the isp modem/router, wait 15 seconds, then turn on the wireless router, usually fixes that issue.

Take care,

Rick

1 Message

June 14th, 2011 05:00

I am not sure.This can be major technical issue.You can take help from Network Management Services.

No Events found!