Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 15th, 2013 16:00

WLAN Stopped Working

On my Inspiron 1525 I receive the following error message every time I start my computer:

Solve a problem with your WLAN card

Your WLAN card has stopped working properly.

This is a network adapter that allows your computer to connect to a wireless network.

To find out if an updated version of your WLAN card is available, contact your device or computer manufacturer.

I have updated the driver on two separate occasions and that does not solve the issue. My WLAN card works properly and always has. What is the fix or will I simply have to put up with this "error" every time I start my computer?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

September 15th, 2013 18:00

LesFerguson,

I would go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, select your operating system. Under network, download the drivers for your adapter and save them to your desktop.

Make a system restore point.

Start, control panel, device manager,network adapters, right click on your wireless adapter, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the drivers and software.

Restart your computer.

When you log back in, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter, but fail. Install the drivers you saved to your desktop.

Try these tweaks...

Start, control panel, device manager.

Go to the USB Controller section and click the + sign.

Go to each USB Root Hub and right click on it, left click properties, left click power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Restart your computer.

--------------------------------------

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Rick

No Events found!