Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2015 12:00

Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem

I see that everyone that upgraded to Windows 10 are having issues with either WLAN or Bluetooth wireless or both.  My computer is a Studio 1735 with an upgraded network card and was running Windows 7, 64b OS.  After upgrading to Windows 10 everything worked great except Bluetooth.  It does not even show up anywhere except the little light on the keyboard display.  The fingerprint thingy hasn't worked since I installed Windows 7 but didn't use it anyway. By the way the only Bluetooth device I used was a Dell travel mouse and I went to Best Buy yesterday and purchased a Logitech $12 wireless mouse which works fine.  I just would like to get the wireless Bluetooth working in case I decide to use it later. Forgot to add, my upgraded wireless card is a 5300 PCI Express Internal Half-Height Mini-Card.     

1 Message

January 28th, 2016 04:00

Have inspiron N5010 and have the same problem. Please advice how to get Bluetooth working under Windows 10.

2 Posts

April 23rd, 2016 18:00

After, many failed attempts I was able to get it to work.

First, I updated the bluetooth Driver from Broadcom while @ Windows7

Then, I upgraded to Windows10 [with keeping my files and apps]

Then, I Uninstalled the "WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software" [Windows7 version]

Then, I Downloaded and installed the Windows10 version of "WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software"

Now, It is working again.

Download location:

www.broadcom.com/.../bluetooth

1 Message

July 21st, 2016 04:00

Hello everybody. I am sorry to post here not having a Dell laptop, but I faced a similar problem. I have Samsung R70 with Bluetooth 2.0+EDR Bloadcom chip. After my update to Windows 10 Bluetooth is working incorrectly, making me able to send and receive files only after opening the "Send/receive files via Bluetooth" dialog window before I want to transer some data from/to other Bluetooth device. When I was on Windows 7, the transer process began automatically in every case. I also was using my laptop as a portable Bluetooth speaker for listening to music saved in my phone via A2DP. But now that service seems unavailable at all and the phone can't even get a list of Bluetooth services supported by the laptop. I've tried to install both official Windows 10 WIDCOMM driver and Lenovo driver suggested to work in this thread, but in both cases I got this window:

There should be some text in Russian but it seems to have improper encoding.

When I tried to go to Device Manager and perform a manual installation locating the install folder as the folder where new downloaded driver was installed, it worked though, and "Microsoft Generic Bluetooth Adapter" was replaced by "WIDCOMM Bluetooth + EDR" in the device properties. But the situation with the Bluetooth functionality remained the same. Is there a way to make it work properly on Windows 10, or the only solution for me is to return to Windows 7? Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

1 Message

August 6th, 2016 02:00

I am facing a problem regarding bluetooth after installation of windows 10 in my Dell 1645. all other devices are functioning well except for the bluetooth. the touch pad scroll had some issue but it got rectified after installing a driver recommended on the dell community forum (i have forgotten the link, but would be happy to provide, if someone still has the problem and wants a link). 

The bluetooth issue, however, remains unresolved. I installed the lenevo driver recommended by many on the dell community forums such as on these:

en.community.dell.com/.../19645411

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-on-the-xps-1645.779326/

but the new driver doesn't install. it keeps asking for removal of previous bluetooth, which i can't find anywhere to uninstall.

if you have uninstalled the left over file of your bluetooth prom the previous version, as you claimed, kindly give a link or specify location so that it could be removed by me too.

any other way to install the bluetooth 370 broadcom and make it work for Dell 1645 with windows 10 may please be shared by anyone.

1 Message

January 13th, 2018 14:00

Like many of you I've been scouring the various forums looking for answers to getting Bluetooth working correctly in my PC. In my case a Dell Latitude XT3

In my case the symptoms were:

- BT mouse worked fime

- Able to detect and pair with various BT devices (X300 music link, BlueAnt Disco3)

- However once paired wasn't able to connect

I also tried installing the latest Dell 380 Bluetooth and kept getting the "need to uninstall" error message.

In an attempt to get the install working I uninstalled the BT drivers in Device Manager, but this changed nothing.

Various posts referred to uninstalling Bluetooth in Apps and Features so went looking for reference to "Bluetooth" or "Broadcom", nothing! Finally at almost the bottom of the apps list was a reference to "Widcom..." (can't remember the exact description). Once this was uninstalled everything worked as it should. And there was no need to install the Dell driver update!

Hope this helps someone!

3 Posts

February 10th, 2018 05:00

https://www.dell.com/community/Networking-Internet-Bluetooth/Windows-10-Bluetooth-Problem/m-p/4626684/highlight/true#M188670

"Windows drivers for Broadcom Bluetooth devices are no longer posted here. They should be available through Microsoft's Windows Update service. If drivers were not downloaded automatically by Windows Update, use Device Manager to refresh the driver from Windows Update, or contact the device manufacturer."

Not working anymore

1 Message

February 18th, 2018 06:00

I found the solution at last. I just unistall old Bluetooth driver by Device Manager. Then without restarting I installed driver http://www.dell.com/support/home/pl/pl/plbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=N80VN 

After restart it works :)

There is one thing - this driver installed like 10 minutes and then ask for restart. So don't worry it is normal in this case :)

April 4th, 2018 06:00

I found a article at https://windowsclassroom.com/how-to-turn-on-bluetooth-on-windows-10 it says that you can fix your temporary problem by turn OFF and then turn ON it. Is that true or i should go for updated bluetooth driver for my dell vostro 300 laptop.

June 29th, 2018 13:00

Just astonished how poor is Microsoft regarding Bluetooth integration (well not just Bluetooth...). I've been having this problem since 2006 first with a Thinkpad X1, then a Thinkpad Carbon, then a Lenovo Yoga3 and now a XPS13... it is not a Dell issue and it is not a mouse manufacturer either... It is Windows... or it won't happen to all of the above hardware and with both Logitech and Msoft mouse.
Don't even bother...it won't work at all or, at best, intermittently. Buy a usb micro hub, a nano adapter mouse and be happy.
Someday, who knows, Microsoft will find a way to make this "unbelievably difficult" task of making a mouse work happens.
Till there we suffer.... 

2 Posts

August 15th, 2018 11:00

One More Solution to try for anyone still having problems after 1803 Update 

This is the solution for me on two different computers with a Qualcomm and Intel Bluetooth that were lost when doing WIndows 10 cumulative updates.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed-for-windows-10/

Turn Off Fast Shutdown (Power Settings)

Turn Off USB Suspend (Power Settings)

Uninstall USB Root Hub

Shut down  (Not just a reboot... shutdown)

Then Boot.

Good Luck to anyone else frustrated with this. Took me months to find a solution online that worked.  Install reinstall rollbacks did not work.

August 24th, 2018 11:00

For Windows 10 (Version 1703), use Bluetooth troubleshooter to fix Bluetooth problems. Select Start button, then select Settings - Update & security - Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth - Run the troubleshooter. By the way I got my Windows 10 crack free download from go2top. Hope it helps. 

September 7th, 2018 13:00

@aback56-1 wrote:

I made a few posts with this proposed solution this evening. a Lenovo driver, updated for Windows 10, worked on my E6400 with a Dell 370 BT card (Broadcom chip). I believe that the Lenovo driver works on many Broadcom-based BT cards. First, uninstall any BT software that mah have partially installed. Install the Lenovo driver from the following link. After that, even the driver from the Broadcom site will install, if desired.    support.lenovo.com/.../ds031759

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759 A http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759  

This solution will work. If the tells you the install can't complete. You can locate the install file(default Location):  C:\DRIVERS\WIN\Bluetooth\Win64\Inst.exe Running that should allow the drivers and needed software to install without issue.

Hope this helps some of you. Good Luck

1 Message

September 25th, 2018 13:00

I had this issue after the 1803 update.

The fixed that worked was to install the updated BIOS, then in BIOS, disable the bluetooth radio, save and exit.

Load windows, then reboot to BIOS again and enable the bluetooth radio. Next time logging into Windows, the bluetooth was back and working.

2 Posts

October 9th, 2018 07:00

I have a Dell xps 9550 with Windows 10. Could not connect and play my Bluetooth speaker. Tried all of the above.

What finally did the trick was to uninstall the WIDCOMM (by Broadcom) program on my laptop.

Now my Bluetooth speaker works perfectly!

11 Posts

November 29th, 2018 16:00

It worked.  YAY!!!!!!!  Now I can buy bluetooth items.

No Events found!