Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2015 12:00

Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem

I see that everyone that upgraded to Windows 10 are having issues with either WLAN or Bluetooth wireless or both.  My computer is a Studio 1735 with an upgraded network card and was running Windows 7, 64b OS.  After upgrading to Windows 10 everything worked great except Bluetooth.  It does not even show up anywhere except the little light on the keyboard display.  The fingerprint thingy hasn't worked since I installed Windows 7 but didn't use it anyway. By the way the only Bluetooth device I used was a Dell travel mouse and I went to Best Buy yesterday and purchased a Logitech $12 wireless mouse which works fine.  I just would like to get the wireless Bluetooth working in case I decide to use it later. Forgot to add, my upgraded wireless card is a 5300 PCI Express Internal Half-Height Mini-Card.     

1 Message

April 27th, 2019 10:00

Finally, a working solution. Removing the DELL - Broadcom -Widcom... software solved the problem. Bluetooth now works with my headphones. Thank you. If anyone from Dell is listening, you've put your name on software that is a real headache, If you can't correct the problem pleas at  the minimum, get the message out that this problem exists.

1 Message

June 4th, 2019 09:00

**bleep** - every time I inquire about a USB device I get bluetooth answers.

June 6th, 2019 04:00

thanks .....your answer helped me out from long pending problem...........

June 6th, 2019 04:00

thanks .....It worked for me .....thanks a lot

2 Posts

July 12th, 2019 08:00

Could you tell us which solution actually worked for you The first suggestion dates back to 2015

2 Posts

August 8th, 2019 12:00

This Lenovo driver is the only one that works with Windows 10 1903 for my Dell Studio 1558. A couple of security warnings come up during the install so say Yes to install them.

What's strange is I've been using this driver for a few years and with the Windows 10 1809 install, the system called wouldn't work with it. I had to uninstall and reinstall it (from add programs and features) and it's fine now.

August 16th, 2019 05:00

Uninstalling Widomm eliminated my XPS 9350's Bluetooth problems immediately and completely.

1 Message

August 30th, 2019 04:00

Remove the Bluetooth device and re-add it. Open the Windows 10 Start Menu and click Settings and then Devices. Locate your Bluetooth device from the list of connected devices and click its name and then click Remove device. Restart your computer and then try to pair the device anew. This process can often correct any problems that were associated with the initial Bluetooth pairing.

4 Posts

September 4th, 2019 18:00

I should have made clear that I went into the bios and shut off bluetooth. I re-booted and then turned bluetooth back on in bios. I had tried updating drivers, removing the driver via uninstall, bluetooth troubleshooting. None of them worked. The settings told me bluetooth was shut off, but there was no bluetooth icon to turn bluetooth on. This has happened several other times over the last year on my Latitude E7450.

4 Posts

September 4th, 2019 18:00

Thanks, I can't believe it, but it worked. I have tried so many things. I just hope I remember to go into bios the next time this happens. I am getting old and my memory is terrible. 

1 Message

September 18th, 2019 00:00

Great except your link is now a dead link 16/9/19

October 10th, 2019 13:00

I too had this issue where none of my BlueTooth devices would connect to my laptop. My Dell XPS 13 9350 would only pair with my speaker/airpods, but it never connected. I tried updating everything, troubleshooting, and I even contacted Dell support. None of these things helped.

To fix this, I did the following: I searched up "Apps" on the Cortana search box. I then went to the search list and typed "Broadcom". Left clicked on the app "Broadcom" and selected uninstalled. Follow the few instructions to uninstall and restart your laptop.

After restarting my laptop, I went to my BlueTooth devices to check and my AirPods immediately showed: "Connected Voice, Music".  Now it seems to be working perfectly fine!

I hope this helps, as I struggled so much to find a solution to this. Good Luck! 

2 Posts

November 6th, 2019 03:00

It's amusing that this problem has been around for so many years!  I just wanted to keep it alive in case any new users find their way here and are confused on how to fix their bluetooth connection.

Click Start Menu

Go to Settings

Go to Devices

Then Device and Printers

Right Click and select "Device Manager"

Your bluetooth should have a little yellow dot, right click it uninstall it

Right Click and "Scan for New Devices"

You should be fixed.

1 Message

January 9th, 2020 08:00

Thank you, @Stefan_Kres . Your post helped me to resolve the issue. In my case, however, when I went to "Apps & Features", I searched for "bluetooth" and found "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)". I clicked on it, and then clicked the "Modify" button that appeared. In the Setup Wizard window that came up, I clicked "Next", clicked on "Repair", and that solved the problem!

I am not 100% sure if this worked in combination with other things I had tried before, but this finally made the Bluetooth toggle button appear. That Intel Bluetooth app had yesterday's date on it in "Apps & Features", so it may have been the culprit.

February 20th, 2020 12:00

I have an latitude E6510 and fix MINE PROBLEM....WONDERFUL,,,Thanks men/women....

No Events found!