Highlighted
3 Silver

Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem

Jump to solution

I see that everyone that upgraded to Windows 10 are having issues with either WLAN or Bluetooth wireless or both.  My computer is a Studio 1735 with an upgraded network card and was running Windows 7, 64b OS.  After upgrading to Windows 10 everything worked great except Bluetooth.  It does not even show up anywhere except the little light on the keyboard display.  The fingerprint thingy hasn't worked since I installed Windows 7 but didn't use it anyway. By the way the only Bluetooth device I used was a Dell travel mouse and I went to Best Buy yesterday and purchased a Logitech $12 wireless mouse which works fine.  I just would like to get the wireless Bluetooth working in case I decide to use it later. Forgot to add, my upgraded wireless card is a 5300 PCI Express Internal Half-Height Mini-Card.     

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem

Jump to solution

I made a few posts with this proposed solution this evening. a Lenovo driver, updated for Windows 10, worked on my E6400 with a Dell 370 BT card (Broadcom chip). I believe that the Lenovo driver works on many Broadcom-based BT cards. First, uninstall any BT software that mah have partially installed. Install the Lenovo driver from the following link. After that, even the driver from the Broadcom site will install, if desired.    support.lenovo.com/.../ds031759

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759 A http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

I finally had a little spare time to try to get my Bluetooth drivers working.  My problem was the Lenovo driver software (suggested by several on this forum) would not completely install, kept telling me I had to remove any Bluetooth software already installed.  I had searched and not found anything, however, today I did find a file that was apparently there after my upgrade to Windows 10. I uninstalled the software and lo and behold the new drivers installed correctly.  Then the Bluetooth travel mouse would not connect (simply because I didn't know what I was doing).  I found that I needed to go to settings, under devices and with a bit of trial and error I finally got everything working. Thanks to all that suggested methods to help me.  Great forum and those that contribute to it.       

49 Replies
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

No suggestions anyone?  I wonder if I reset the Bluetooth card if it would force windows to find a driver for the card.  Has anyone tried this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

That didn't do anything.  I Quit, no reason to continue talking to myself.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I solved my problems with this driver http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031999

Dell XPS 1645 - Win 10 Pro 64 - Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth Mini-card

Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

Thanks, was beginning to think I had posted on a site that I was totally alone.  I downloaded the driver from the site  you recommended a few days ago and still nothing.  The Bluetooth card does not show up in the device manager or anywhere else I have looked. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

XPS 1647 - Win 10 Pro 64 - Wireless 370 BT

Tried Lenovo's driver

Installed successfully, and the BT adaptor appeared, however only a generic driver installed (from Microsoft)

You can't turn on the BT radio, and it always turned off in a few seconds by itself.

I tried to update the BT driver then, it worked and Dell's driver was installed.

The switch of BT radio worked fine, but I couldn't make it pair with my BT mouse. It got these messages in system event viewer:

The mutual authentication between the local Bluetooth adapter and a device with Bluetooth adapter address (xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx) failed.

Still looking for a resolution for this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Jump to solution

Use the Broadcom Bluetooth Update (Widcomm Bluetooth Windows Software):

https://www.broadcom.com/support/?gid=2

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

I downloaded the zipped file, when I opened the setup file it would not detect my Dell Bluetooth travel mouse.  I deleted the file and reinstalled the software several times with the same results. 

Thanks for trying to help me tho. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I made a few posts with this proposed solution this evening. a Lenovo driver, updated for Windows 10, worked on my E6400 with a Dell 370 BT card (Broadcom chip). I believe that the Lenovo driver works on many Broadcom-based BT cards. First, uninstall any BT software that mah have partially installed. Install the Lenovo driver from the following link. After that, even the driver from the Broadcom site will install, if desired.    support.lenovo.com/.../ds031759

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759 A http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds031759  

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@aback56-1 wrote:

This solution will work. If the tells you the install can't complete. You can locate the install file(default Location):  C:\DRIVERS\WIN\Bluetooth\Win64\Inst.exe Running that should allow the drivers and needed software to install without issue.

Hope this helps some of you. Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I had this issue after the 1803 update.

The fixed that worked was to install the updated BIOS, then in BIOS, disable the bluetooth radio, save and exit.

Load windows, then reboot to BIOS again and enable the bluetooth radio. Next time logging into Windows, the bluetooth was back and working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have a Dell xps 9550 with Windows 10. Could not connect and play my Bluetooth speaker. Tried all of the above.

What finally did the trick was to uninstall the WIDCOMM (by Broadcom) program on my laptop.

Now my Bluetooth speaker works perfectly!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks, I can't believe it, but it worked. I have tried so many things. I just hope I remember to go into bios the next time this happens. I am getting old and my memory is terrible. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I should have made clear that I went into the bios and shut off bluetooth. I re-booted and then turned bluetooth back on in bios. I had tried updating drivers, removing the driver via uninstall, bluetooth troubleshooting. None of them worked. The settings told me bluetooth was shut off, but there was no bluetooth icon to turn bluetooth on. This has happened several other times over the last year on my Latitude E7450.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

It worked.  YAY!!!!!!!  Now I can buy bluetooth items.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

This Lenovo driver is the only one that works with Windows 10 1903 for my Dell Studio 1558. A couple of security warnings come up during the install so say Yes to install them.

What's strange is I've been using this driver for a few years and with the Windows 10 1809 install, the system called wouldn't work with it. I had to uninstall and reinstall it (from add programs and features) and it's fine now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Uninstalling Widomm eliminated my XPS 9350's Bluetooth problems immediately and completely.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank YOU very much...solve my problem....BE LUCKY!!!...From a romanian guy...Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I have an latitude E6510 and fix MINE PROBLEM....WONDERFUL,,,Thanks men/women....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Perfect! This Lenovo driver (h0wz07ww.exe) brought Bluetooth back to live on my old Dell Latitude E6500 from 2009 now in 2020 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 Silver

Jump to solution

I finally had a little spare time to try to get my Bluetooth drivers working.  My problem was the Lenovo driver software (suggested by several on this forum) would not completely install, kept telling me I had to remove any Bluetooth software already installed.  I had searched and not found anything, however, today I did find a file that was apparently there after my upgrade to Windows 10. I uninstalled the software and lo and behold the new drivers installed correctly.  Then the Bluetooth travel mouse would not connect (simply because I didn't know what I was doing).  I found that I needed to go to settings, under devices and with a bit of trial and error I finally got everything working. Thanks to all that suggested methods to help me.  Great forum and those that contribute to it.       

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

XPS 1645 370 BT Driver Win 10. > I had the same issue and what I found was that I needed to go into Add/Remove programs and Uninstall the Broadcom driver software from Windows 7. Once I did that I then used the Broadcom drivers for Windows 10 provided by Lenovo (which is the same as Broadcoms but the installer works). ( just search for Lenovo Broadcom Bluetooth Windows 10).  Another issue that needs resolved is garbled audio via BT and that can be resolved by downloading Realtek's Windows 10 HD audio codec. I hope this information is helpful to anyone who has faced the same issue. I know personally I spent numerous hours with both Dell and Microsoft trying hopelessly to get this resolved. Thankfully I just gave in and plugged away at my own research and managed to get the issue resolved. It took me about 3 hours of research and only 5 minutes to actually get it going (including restart and device pairing). So glad I got this resolved... good luck.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

I too had this issue where none of my BlueTooth devices would connect to my laptop. My Dell XPS 13 9350 would only pair with my speaker/airpods, but it never connected. I tried updating everything, troubleshooting, and I even contacted Dell support. None of these things helped.

To fix this, I did the following: I searched up "Apps" on the Cortana search box. I then went to the search list and typed "Broadcom". Left clicked on the app "Broadcom" and selected uninstalled. Follow the few instructions to uninstall and restart your laptop.

After restarting my laptop, I went to my BlueTooth devices to check and my AirPods immediately showed: "Connected Voice, Music".  Now it seems to be working perfectly fine!

I hope this helps, as I struggled so much to find a solution to this. Good Luck! 

Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: Windows 10 / Dell / Bluetooth Work Around (FIX)

Jump to solution

It's amusing that this problem has been around for so many years!  I just wanted to keep it alive in case any new users find their way here and are confused on how to fix their bluetooth connection.

Click Start Menu

Go to Settings

Go to Devices

Then Device and Printers

Right Click and select "Device Manager"

Your bluetooth should have a little yellow dot, right click it uninstall it

Right Click and "Scan for New Devices"

You should be fixed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

RE: Windows 10 / Dell / Bluetooth Work Around (FIX)

Jump to solution

Hello, 

just hoping maybe some one might have another solution. I updated all the drivers. I was thinking of doing the uninstall like you mentioned but there are 4 items listed under the bluetooth and I don't know which to uninstall. I'm afraid some may be for the key board and mouse so don't want to do those as I won't be able to use them and don' t havea wired handy. Any suggestions on how to figure out which I should try? Here is the list-

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)-thinkng thats mouse and keyboard

Intel Wireless Bluetooth

Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator

Microsoft bluetooth LE Enumerator

Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

@Salvador.Avelar You are my saviour!!

I have put up with my Bluetooth not working for over 4 years now after spending hours on end trying to fix the damn thing. Today, your post has FINALLY fixed my problem! 

I too have an XPS 13 9350 and could only get it to pair, but never connect. Everything you mentioned sounded like a mirror version of my situation, including the results!

Thank you so much for your help.

Good luck to anyone else who is still having this problem. Be persistent as I am sure something will work - try everything!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

So you are telling us you found a file and uninstalled it but neglect to tell us the file name. Please, don't keep secrets. I don't see any Broadcom installations in my Programs and Features. I had this problem in Windows 8/8.1 and solved it but the solution alludes me in Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I have an old, but still perfect XPS 1640 laptop. Same issues..  bluetooth icon not showing and unable to pair DELL keyboard and mouse..

I was almost about to give up and revert to windows 7..

Lost a couple of hours till I fount this thread, but now all is working great.

Use the Lenovo drives in this thread.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

but while installing lenovo driver it showing that please uninstall previous driver, and i cant find out any previous driver on my laptop,  my lap is dell inspiron n5010 bluetooth 365... please help me

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

You need to goto Add / Remove programs to delete the driver. I know it sounds odd but that's where I found it. It is not shown in Device Manager.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Believe me, I tried 7 ways from Sunday to do that. There wasn't any driver. When I installed Windows 10 the installation said a hardware device (not specified) was not supported and will be disabled. I assume that was the Bluetooth. Somehow. Microsoft hid the defective driver and even looking for hidden devices didn't show it. That procedure worked for Windows 8 installation but not Windows 10. The device manager didn't even show the hardware. The weird thing is that a Bluetooth dongle saw the card's signal. I gave up and bought a new card and that worked without a hitch. I am glad to be done with it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Have inspiron N5010 and have the same problem. Please advice how to get Bluetooth working under Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

After, many failed attempts I was able to get it to work.

First, I updated the bluetooth Driver from Broadcom while @ Windows7

Then, I upgraded to Windows10 [with keeping my files and apps]

Then, I Uninstalled the "WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software" [Windows7 version]

Then, I Downloaded and installed the Windows10 version of "WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software"

Now, It is working again.

Download location:

www.broadcom.com/.../bluetooth

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

https://www.dell.com/community/Networking-Internet-Bluetooth/Windows-10-Bluetooth-Problem/m-p/462668...

"Windows drivers for Broadcom Bluetooth devices are no longer posted here. They should be available through Microsoft's Windows Update service. If drivers were not downloaded automatically by Windows Update, use Device Manager to refresh the driver from Windows Update, or contact the device manufacturer."

Not working anymore

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Finally, a working solution. Removing the DELL - Broadcom -Widcom... software solved the problem. Bluetooth now works with my headphones. Thank you. If anyone from Dell is listening, you've put your name on software that is a real headache, If you can't correct the problem pleas at  the minimum, get the message out that this problem exists.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Could you tell us which solution actually worked for you The first suggestion dates back to 2015

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello everybody. I am sorry to post here not having a Dell laptop, but I faced a similar problem. I have Samsung R70 with Bluetooth 2.0+EDR Bloadcom chip. After my update to Windows 10 Bluetooth is working incorrectly, making me able to send and receive files only after opening the "Send/receive files via Bluetooth" dialog window before I want to transer some data from/to other Bluetooth device. When I was on Windows 7, the transer process began automatically in every case. I also was using my laptop as a portable Bluetooth speaker for listening to music saved in my phone via A2DP. But now that service seems unavailable at all and the phone can't even get a list of Bluetooth services supported by the laptop. I've tried to install both official Windows 10 WIDCOMM driver and Lenovo driver suggested to work in this thread, but in both cases I got this window:

There should be some text in Russian but it seems to have improper encoding.

When I tried to go to Device Manager and perform a manual installation locating the install folder as the folder where new downloaded driver was installed, it worked though, and "Microsoft Generic Bluetooth Adapter" was replaced by "WIDCOMM Bluetooth + EDR" in the device properties. But the situation with the Bluetooth functionality remained the same. Is there a way to make it work properly on Windows 10, or the only solution for me is to return to Windows 7? Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I am facing a problem regarding bluetooth after installation of windows 10 in my Dell 1645. all other devices are functioning well except for the bluetooth. the touch pad scroll had some issue but it got rectified after installing a driver recommended on the dell community forum (i have forgotten the link, but would be happy to provide, if someone still has the problem and wants a link). 

The bluetooth issue, however, remains unresolved. I installed the lenevo driver recommended by many on the dell community forums such as on these:

en.community.dell.com/.../19645411

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/windows-10-on-the-xps-1645.779326/

but the new driver doesn't install. it keeps asking for removal of previous bluetooth, which i can't find anywhere to uninstall.

if you have uninstalled the left over file of your bluetooth prom the previous version, as you claimed, kindly give a link or specify location so that it could be removed by me too.

any other way to install the bluetooth 370 broadcom and make it work for Dell 1645 with windows 10 may please be shared by anyone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Like many of you I've been scouring the various forums looking for answers to getting Bluetooth working correctly in my PC. In my case a Dell Latitude XT3

In my case the symptoms were:

- BT mouse worked fime

- Able to detect and pair with various BT devices (X300 music link, BlueAnt Disco3)

- However once paired wasn't able to connect

I also tried installing the latest Dell 380 Bluetooth and kept getting the "need to uninstall" error message.

In an attempt to get the install working I uninstalled the BT drivers in Device Manager, but this changed nothing.

Various posts referred to uninstalling Bluetooth in Apps and Features so went looking for reference to "Bluetooth" or "Broadcom", nothing! Finally at almost the bottom of the apps list was a reference to "Widcom..." (can't remember the exact description). Once this was uninstalled everything worked as it should. And there was no need to install the Dell driver update!

Hope this helps someone!

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

**bleep** - every time I inquire about a USB device I get bluetooth answers.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Remove the Bluetooth device and re-add it. Open the Windows 10 Start Menu and click Settings and then Devices. Locate your Bluetooth device from the list of connected devices and click its name and then click Remove device. Restart your computer and then try to pair the device anew.<Non-public info removed>This process can often correct any problems that were associated with the initial Bluetooth pairing.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you, @Stefan_Kres . Your post helped me to resolve the issue. In my case, however, when I went to "Apps & Features", I searched for "bluetooth" and found "Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)". I clicked on it, and then clicked the "Modify" button that appeared. In the Setup Wizard window that came up, I clicked "Next", clicked on "Repair", and that solved the problem!

I am not 100% sure if this worked in combination with other things I had tried before, but this finally made the Bluetooth toggle button appear. That Intel Bluetooth app had yesterday's date on it in "Apps & Features", so it may have been the culprit.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Re: Windows 10 Bluetooth Problem

Jump to solution

I found the solution at last. I just unistall old Bluetooth driver by Device Manager. Then without restarting I installed driver http://www.dell.com/support/home/pl/pl/plbsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=N80VN 

After restart it works 🙂

There is one thing - this driver installed like 10 minutes and then ask for restart. So don't worry it is normal in this case 🙂

Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I found a article at https://windowsclassroom.com/how-to-turn-on-bluetooth-on-windows-10 it says that you can fix your temporary problem by turn OFF and then turn ON it. Is that true or i should go for updated bluetooth driver for my dell vostro 300 laptop.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Just astonished how poor is Microsoft regarding Bluetooth integration (well not just Bluetooth...). I've been having this problem since 2006 first with a Thinkpad X1, then a Thinkpad Carbon, then a Lenovo Yoga3 and now a XPS13... it is not a Dell issue and it is not a mouse manufacturer either... It is Windows... or it won't happen to all of the above hardware and with both Logitech and Msoft mouse.
Don't even bother...it won't work at all or, at best, intermittently. Buy a usb micro hub, a nano adapter mouse and be happy.
Someday, who knows, Microsoft will find a way to make this "unbelievably difficult" task of making a mouse work happens.
Till there we suffer.... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

thanks .....It worked for me .....thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution
thanks .....your answer helped me out from long pending problem...........
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Great except your link is now a dead link 16/9/19

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

One More Solution to try for anyone still having problems after 1803 Update 

This is the solution for me on two different computers with a Qualcomm and Intel Bluetooth that were lost when doing WIndows 10 cumulative updates.

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-unknown-usb-device-device-descriptor-request-failed-for-...

Turn Off Fast Shutdown (Power Settings)

Turn Off USB Suspend (Power Settings)

Uninstall USB Root Hub

Shut down  (Not just a reboot... shutdown)

Then Boot.

Good Luck to anyone else frustrated with this. Took me months to find a solution online that worked.  Install reinstall rollbacks did not work.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

For Windows 10 (Version 1703), use Bluetooth troubleshooter to fix Bluetooth problems. Select Start button, then select Settings - Update & security - Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth - Run the troubleshooter. By the way I got my Windows 10 crack free download from go2top. Hope it helps. 

0 Kudos