Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2009 12:00

Windows 7 Dell Inspiron 1545 Wireless 365 Bluetooth problem

Hi,

I have Inspiron 1545 and I've installed the latest available "Windows  7 Ultimate", but the OS could not detect the Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module.

The Nokia N95 bluetooth finds the laptop bluetooth module, but there is no reaction from the Windows 7 OS. There is no Bluetooth device in the "Device Manager".

Is there any solutions to this problem ?

October 8th, 2009 17:00

I am in the same boat.

Emailed DELL support about my issue and this is their reply:

...I see from our records that you are contacting us regarding your Inspiron 1545 with Windows Vista 64 bit on it.
I understand your concern from the e-mail regarding the issue with the system .I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and would be glad to assist you.

I see from the records that your system was shipped with Windows Vista 64 bit and the driver are only available for the same.

Since the windows 7 is still not released there are no compatible driver for the same.

Once the windows 7 is released, we should has the compatible driver for you system....

Personally, I thought that the Vista 64 bit drivers would be compatible with Windows 7 but apparently not.

Stumbled across this post:

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/hardware/windows-7-on-a-dell-latitiude-xt2

which mentions that the same DELL BLuetooth module was used with Windows 7 successfully by using the following update:

Quoted:

To get the bluetooth module working, I’ve had to install the Widcomm bluetooth software – I was unable to load just the driver. This bluetooth stack includes some extras that I really don’t need such as Office integration and the ability to share files over bluetooth.

1 Message

November 21st, 2009 23:00

I am in the same boat.

Emailed DELL support about my issue and this is their reply:

...I see from our records that you are contacting us regarding your Inspiron 1545 with Windows Vista 64 bit on it.
I understand your concern from the e-mail regarding the issue with the system .I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and would be glad to assist you.

I see from the records that your system was shipped with Windows Vista 64 bit and the driver are only available for the same.

Since the windows 7 is still not released there are no compatible driver for the same.

Once the windows 7 is released, we should has the compatible driver for you system....

Personally, I thought that the Vista 64 bit drivers would be compatible with Windows 7 but apparently not.

Stumbled across this post:

http://blog.stealthpuppy.com/hardware/windows-7-on-a-dell-latitiude-xt2

which mentions that the same DELL BLuetooth module was used with Windows 7 successfully by using the following update:

Quoted:

To get the bluetooth module working, I’ve had to install the Widcomm bluetooth software – I was unable to load just the driver. This bluetooth stack includes some extras that I really don’t need such as Office integration and the ability to share files over bluetooth.

I have tried that and it didn't work actually that article wasn't about a inspiron 1545 it was about a latitude , it is passed the release of windows 7 and there still is no driver for it. please release one already.

1 Message

December 1st, 2009 16:00

Hello,

I recently had the same problem with my fathers Inspirons 1545 bluetooth driver.

Well, what I did worked. It'll probably work with you too.

Get your Resource DVD (with the original drivers). When the Resource program opens, select Windows XP 64 and install the bluetooth driver (Dell Wireless 365 Bluetooth Module Rev: A04).

Hope sucess.

1 Message

December 29th, 2010 12:00

1 Message

January 8th, 2011 04:00

I just installedIled Win7 ultimate 64-bit 'n was found same problem...... Later i just tried following route 'n IT WORKED...:emotion-1:

Computer --->

ur system disk such as Local disk (C) ----->

dell ----->

drivers ------>

unzipped R228749 folder ------->

right click on setup and Run as administrator.

follow instructions and reboot...ur bluetooth module is ready.....:emotion-1:

1 Message

March 13th, 2011 13:00

Hello possible definition of Bluetooth and Windows XP 1545

THANKS

:emotion-1:

1 Message

December 18th, 2011 10:00

I am  also suffering with this problem. How I can use bluetooth in inspiron1545??????????? :emotion-9:

1 Message

February 21st, 2012 06:00

I just downloaded it ....I followed atul.yelpale directions in the next post and my Bluetooth is up and running....Thank you so much.

1 Message

March 25th, 2012 12:00

Thank you very much, its finally working, Inspiron 1545 bluetooth drivers just followed as given above.

Cheers!!

1 Message

July 3rd, 2012 15:00

Thank you. :emotion-2:

November 3rd, 2012 14:00

I am using your method here but when I get to activate bluetooth using wireless switch... I am presing the switch and nothing is happening??? any ideas???? thanks a bunch!!!!!

1 Message

December 16th, 2012 12:00

Thanks a lot. it worked.

2 Posts

May 6th, 2013 10:00

somebody please help me to solve the problem of "activate bluetooth using wireless switch" during the installation process...i go with R226746 setup in inspiron 1545 with window 7....please help me......

2 Posts

May 6th, 2013 11:00

i m pressing F2 for continuous but still not getting solved....wats the further solution???

2 Posts

June 24th, 2013 09:00

unzip R228749 and run as admistrator. but comming error massage.

I cant understand ????

device & printer > dell wireless 365 bluetooth device propertice pallet

please help me...

No Events found!