Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2009 07:00

Windows 7 driver for Dell XT2

Hi All,

Has anybody got the Dell WIndows 7 driver for the wireless adapter in the XT2 working? I've got 2 Dell XT2s to get working with WIndows 7 and the wirless is a real sticking point. I'm on hold now as I type for the support-line and have been listening to music for 35 minutes!

How did you do it?

I did this:

Went to the suport site, typed my SERVICE TAG in to the UI and downloaded the A00 drivers (Windows 7 32 and 64 bit.

The WLAN driver is R242432.exe.

When I run it on WIndows 7 (already installed on the XT2) it says:

Setup Error:

No compatibae hardware found. The software you are attemoting to install is not supported on this system.

The software will not be installed.

Setup will now Exit.

Device Manager doesn't find a wireless card at all. It can see the LAN card (Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Conneciton) and that works fine (WIndows Updates are applied by the way). In the Unknown Devices node I can see a 5880 with an exclamation mark next to it. Location: Port_#0001 Hub_#00003. Device status says:

The drivers for this devic are not installed. Code 28.

To find a driver for this device click Update Driver

(of course clicking Update Driver doesn't find a driver. It just says "unrecognised device".

Is there a chance this machine doesn't contain a 1397 WLAN card the way the laptop spec says it should? I think a 5880 is the fingerprint reader? Is it possible that this laptop doesn't have a wireless adapter?

If anybody can help - I'll remember you in my will :emotion-5:

Thanks

Planky

<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed as per privacy policy>

No Responses!
No Events found!