Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2011 16:00

Wireless Card Not Detected

My Dell Inspiron 1525's hard drive died recently. I bought a new hard drive onine because my warranty expired. I installed the hard drive and a Windows Vista Premium operating system. I previously had Windows Vista Basic.

I tried to install all of my drivers, but neither by ethernet connection or wireless are able to connect. I  ran the Intel PROset  Wireless diagnostics and the hardware portions fails. The error says driver version does not support Intel PROSet/ Wireless.

The wireless card does not show up in the device manager under network adapters. I still am missing a driver for the network controller but do not know where to fnd it.

When I plug an ethernet cable into the computer directly it says no connectivity and will not light up green. Please help me figure out why it will not connect to the internet.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 30th, 2011 16:00

drn091,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Rick

2 Posts

December 31st, 2011 12:00

I went to the site and reinstalled all of the 14 drivers the site gives me for my computer. My service tag is . My wireless card is still not detected and my computer says that I have not wireless card installed. In the device manager I am missing the network controller.

I know I installed the only driver under network the dell site gives me. This is very frustrating. My computer will not connect ot the internet even when I plug an ethernet cord in.

December 31st, 2011 18:00

drn091,

Did you install the notebook system utility and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Rick

No Events found!