SASam
1 Copper

Wireless Internet Switch Not Working

Hi there,

I wonder if someone could please help me?  I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and recently the wireless switch has turned off and cannot reconnect.  I am able to use the internet if I connect my laptop to the router via the cable but once the cable is removed, the connection is lost.

I have had my settings checked by Dell technical support.  The wireless card reader inside the laptop needed to be updated to which they updated, but this has still not solved the problem.  I have tried pressing FN F2, but this does not work and also the wireless switch on the side but to no avail.

I spoke this morning to Belkin (which whom I have my wireless router) and we checked all the router settings and all is okay.  I was advised to obtain a key code from Dell that would switch the wireless router back on.

Can someone please advise?

PS - my iPod connects fine to my wireless connection.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Sam

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Re: Wireless Internet Switch Not Working

Sam,

Using WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal)?

Places to look to see if Connection is enabled

I suspect it's the Belking and the type of security. Try connecting with no security. Does it connect? Try WEP Security. Does it connect? Now try WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(Personal)? Does it connect?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos