Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2010 14:00

Wireless Printer adapter 3300

Hello, I am new to this community and have a question that I hope someone can help me with.  I have a Dell 946  All in One Printer,  I also bought a Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300 so that I could use a remote laptop with the printer,   I use  a Linksys Broadband router WRT54G so that I can use the internet connection for both my Dell Dimension desktop and my Dell Lattitude D610 laptop.   I was able to  successfully setup the laptop to print via the wireless connection from the linksys router.  But now I don't know how to use the printer from my desktop.  My desktop is not setup as a wireless PC, and I thought I would be able to use the printer on both the desktop and the wireless PC using  the 3300  adapter.  Does anyone know if I should be able to print on the 946 printer from both  the desktop and wireless  laptop?   I thought that was the point of having the router!  Any help is much appreciated.   Kathy

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2010 18:00

Kathy321,

Before I get into any details, Can you print to the printer from the laptop?

Makes and mdoels of computers and operating systems are helpful. Please tell me it's a 946 printer with a 3300 wireless adapter, since the subject line only says 3300, I have a short memory. I can get everything working for you but need some information first.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 8th, 2010 20:00

Kathy,

If you had the printer connected to the desktop or tried installing the printer, then you'll need to uninstall the printer. I would recommend using the patch for removal.

Download and run this patch to completely remove the printer from your computer. Run the patch(a MUST on Vista computers) until it prompts you to restart your computer.

If using Windows 7 also try...Manual Printer Driver Removal

Restart your computer.

Download the proper drivers.

XP Drivers

Vista 32-bit Drivers

XP & Vista 64-bit Drivers.

All other drivers

Install the proper drivers, choose network, choose I'm using a wireless print server(if you do not see this, then choose add printer and you should see it then) and follow the instructions.

***To install drivers, sometimes the file unzips and does nothing. You have to look for the setup.exe file, right click on it, then left click run as administrator***

Rick

2 Posts

January 8th, 2010 20:00

HI Rick, thank you so much for your response.  I am able to print to the 946 printer from the wireless laptop.  And I am using Windows XP.  

I have a Dell 946  All in One Printer,  I also have a Dell Wireless Printer Adapter 3300,   I use  a Linksys Broadband router WRT54G wired to my Dell Dimension E520 desktop with wireless connection to  my Dell Lattitude D610 laptop.   I don't know how to add the setup for the connection from my Dimension desktop to the same printer.  My desktop is not setup as a wireless PC, and I assumed that I would be able to use the printer on both the desktop and the wireless PC using  the 3300  adapter.  I did setup the printer to be shared with  both the laptop and the desktop and  the printer status is 'ready', but there is still no connection to the desktop.   Any help is much appreciated.   Kathy

No Events found!