Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2010 16:00

Wireless Range Poor - Computer Problem

I am having problems with my Inspiron 1525 and its poor wireless performance. I had the wireless card upgraded to 1505N card at the time of purchase.

I am not able to get a good distance from the modem before loosing all signal on my laptop however other devices are still well within range.

I am currently 4ft away from the modem and have a signal of 4/5 or very good but not excellent.

Is there anything I should check or change to resolve this issue? Thanks

176 Posts

March 12th, 2010 17:00

sounds like maybe it might be an antenna problem. maybe the connector isn't seated on the card very well.  maybe there's a place on the antenna wire where the insulation is rubbed off and its grounding itself.  there was another post in here awhile back where they used tape to hold the wires in place and the sticky stuff on the tape actually started dissolving the insulation off the wire.  and the tape that was used looked like conducting tape. he had some nice pictures of it.  i guess the only way to find out for sure is to take the keyboard off and see what the wires look like coming down out of the monitor and how they're routed through the holders to the card itself.

No Events found!