Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 28th, 2012 00:00

Wireless Unable to Connect to Internet ?

Hi, (From Qatar My laptop is inspiron 5520 new one just one month old) Please I have similar problem like that ( my wireless is working but in very closed distance to the connection point, if I change the site to about 5 or 6 metter from the connection site, the Internet become interrupted, can you help me please ! note: I did system restore and update for MecAFee Thank you

August 28th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

The problem with the internet might be due to a recent update from McAfee.

Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot the problem:

1) Boot the computer into Safe Mode With Networking

2) Run the McAfee Virtual Technician

3) Browse the internet and check.

4) Reinstall McAfee Product

To get details about the above mentioned steps, please refer to the link: support.dell.com/.../document

Please write back to us.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S
#iworkfordell

1 Message

August 28th, 2012 09:00

Hi I have a new inspiron 15.6 laptop purchased thru QVC. I have a wireless device from Sprint. I have been having connectivity problems . When the Internet Connection times out and I am no longer connected the Mobile Wireless Device is connected but The computer says there is no connection to the internet. Can you please give me a solution?

Thanks

Rev James Holiday

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 28th, 2012 13:00

Rev James Holiday,

Try reading...

Software Updates Causes Wireless Connectivity Issue Or Unable to Connect to Internet

If the article does not help solve the problem, Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID, if using XP, run an ipconfig /all log and post it back here.

Also include the virus program and firewall you're using.

Rick

September 19th, 2012 00:00

i bought a dell inspiron 5520 3 months back. and i live in a hostel which has a proxy to it. i am able to browse the internet but after a lttle time it stops working even though the network shows connected. i again switch off and on the wifi. but the same thing is repeated. please help

25 Posts

September 19th, 2012 13:00

I am also having an issue of wifi drivers on my new laptop .... I have downloaded and tried all of the drivers for wifi/bluetooth for my laptop but its still not working it just connect to my wifi router for 2 or 3 seconds then disconnect automatically......

I am running windows 7 32-bit on my Dell n5520 core i5 .

here is my service tag number:

Please suggest me a driver and order for the installation of drivers that will work for me .. I am looking for this issue for 4 days .. Thanks for reading .....

One more thing when I tried to install a driver from category System-utilities it says compatibility problem , i have tried running it in adminstrator mode with windows xp or vista compatibility but nothing works ...

No Events found!