Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 30th, 2014 08:00

Wireless card off and not seen following clean reinstall of Vista home premium

I just replaced mah hard drive on my xps m1530 because the old one had failed. I installed Vista from the cd and then installed the drivers following the recommended order. Everything worked beautifully except for my wireless...which had been working prior to the old hard drive failure. I tried replacing the card which didn't help. When I look in system setup it tells me that both my internal Bluetooth device and my internal wi-fi device "is off and is not visible to the operating system." I have tried downloading drivers using myservice tag as well. Any suggestions?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 30th, 2014 08:00

RPCSL,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

4 Posts

January 30th, 2014 17:00

My os is 32bit.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

RPCSL,

Operating system is helpful 32-bit or 64-bit?

Some operating systems use Dell System Software and some don't.

The Dell System Software and the chipset drivers need installed first. They know what is attached to your system.

Rick

4 Posts

I am currently attempting to reinstall the OS once again. I pulled up the driver list for my service tag but I don't see anything called Dell system software. How will I recognize this? Is it the driver for the bios? Also, what is the "network interface card or Ethernet drivers" referring to? Or thePCMCIA and/or Smartcard drivers?

4 Posts

January 30th, 2014 19:00

Here are the drivers listed fsolution stem...

• Sonic solutions roxio creator (application)
  • Creative labs dell webcam (application)
  • Dell xps m1530 system bios, a12 (bios)
  • Ricoh R5C833 (chipset)
  • Dell 32 bit diagnostics utility (diagnostics)
  • Dell touchpad / pointing stick (mouse, keyboard & input devices)
  • Creative labs laptop integrated webcam (mouse, keyboard &input devices)
  • Optiarc AD-7640A (removable storage)
  • Upek touch strip reader driver (security)
  • Upek touch strip reader v5.6.2.3705, a01 security)
  • Intel matrix storage manager notebooks (serial ATA)

What order should these be loaded? Any missing?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 31st, 2014 09:00

RPCSL,

Download and install in this exact order...

Intel Mobile Chipset, v.Vista32/XP v8.2.0.1014, A00

Ricoh R5C833, v.3.54.06, A01

Then download and install...

Marvell 88E80XX 10/100 Ethernet Controller, v.10.22.6.3, A01

Go to Dell Warranty Status enter your service tag, click on original configuration. Look and see what wireless adapter is installed. Then go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, select your operating system, network and download the drivers for your wireless adapter.

Download and install Dell QuickSet, v.8.2.20, A09

This should get your system online to correct any exclamation marks or red x's in the device manager.

Rick

No Events found!