Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 31st, 2016 13:00

Wireless connectivity

XPS 13 Service Tag L322X<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>| Express Service Code:<ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>. This problem has persisted for months. I have pursued every fix in the knowledge base and elsewhere. I am now sitting across from my wife. She is on her Apple MacBook Pro. I am on the XPS. She has no connectivity issues and her pages load immediately. So the issue is not the router or the modem. I keep losing connection and the data loads glacially. I have done the netsh in ip reset resetlog.txt  fix and the ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew fix. NOTHING WORKS.

1.8K Posts

February 1st, 2016 09:00

Hello,

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the router.   Wireless communication is a two-way street and the chipsets between your card and those in your wife's system can be very different, and thus handled very differently by the router.   What make and model of router do you have and when is the last time you updated the firmware on it?

What version of Windows are you running on the system and which wireless card is installed?  Also, which version of the driver is currently on the system?  Have you tried disabling the bluetooth card in the system to see if changes how the wifi connection works?  What about checking the antenna leads to the wifi card in your system to see if the connections are solid?

Here is a link to the Dell Networking & Wireless Support Center with more information and suggestions you can try.  To help me troubleshoot this issue a bit better please click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of your XPS 13 (the site moderators remove service tag information from posts) and I'll see what else I can suggest to help.  Please keep all troubleshooting and discussions here in this public thread so that others, with the same questions / issues, can see what is done to resolve them.

Todd

12 Posts

February 1st, 2016 12:00

Service Tag: Service tag removed per privacy policy>  Intel Centrino Advanced N 6235. Windows 8.1 (an upgrade to W 10 changed nothing.) Updated the driver yesterday. Intel 15.18.01. Turning off bluetooth does not change performance. I can't address the router, it is my landlord's. They have updated it.

How do I check the antenna leads.

I have been through tthe Dell Networking & Wireless Support Center MANY TIMES. 

5 Posts

February 2nd, 2016 01:00

I am having the same problem with my XPS13. Several other laptops in my apartment having no issues at all

1.8K Posts

February 2nd, 2016 08:00

Hi,

You have the Intel 6235 card and Intel has a new driver, Version: 18.1.1525.1445, for that card.   Try that and see if helps.

For the antenna leads, and how to check them, go to our main support site, key in your service tag, and the website will redirect you to the pages for your XPS 13 L322x.   You'll find user and support manuals there and if you follow the directions on how to replace your wireless card you can modify the instructions simply to check the antenna leads.  Please make sure you follow the safety instructions and other guides in the service manual.

Try that new driver, it should help.

Todd

12 Posts

February 6th, 2016 10:00

Thanks, Todd. This may be helpful but I won't download yet because I see that Intel shows this as a Windows 10 driver. I'm still running Windows 8.1. Will the W10 driver improve wireless performance with W8.1?

No Events found!