Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2013 20:00

XPS 15 (L521x) Wireless Issues

I'm having some problems with my wireless, and I have off and on since I got my XPS 15 nearly a year ago. It will sometimes (often) stutter for anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes, during which time it will slow to a crawl (50 kb/s) or drop entirely. I've updated all my networks drivers from their manufacturers' websites because they advertise newer versions than on Dell's, and still no improvement. Anyone else have this problem? Is it something that can be fixed, or do I need to give up and buy a new laptop?

• 

3.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2013 09:00

Hi timisontheinternet,

I appreciate the trouble shooting steps tried to resolve the issue. Since you have up to date wireless driver, I also recommend you to click on the link below and flash BIOS flash to the latest version:

http://dell.to/18oEjMq

Note: While flashing BIOS connect the Ac adapter and make sure the battery has minimum 15% charge as this needs uninterrupted power supply. Do not use the system till it restarts and comes up to the desktop.
Next perform the steps given below:

1.     Open ‘Device Manager’ by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type ‘Device Manager’, and then, in the list of results, click ‘Device  Manager’.
2.     When the device manager pops up, in the list please check for ‘Network adapter’.
3.     Please click on the arrow mark beside ‘Network adapter’.
4.     You will find the wireless network card available on your computer.
5.    Right click on Wireless card and select ‘Properties’.

1. Next click on ‘Advanced tab’.
  2. Change Roaming Aggressiveness to Medium.
  3. Change the wireless channels in the ‘advanced card properties’ to 11 or 6 and Disable Bluetooth Collaboration.

Reply with the status.

No Events found!