Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2013 08:00

XPS83000 networkcard not found

My Dell XPS83000 does not find the network card when the PC is started in a "cold" condition. I have to restart the PC 3 - 6 times before the card is found. When the PC is "warm" the card is found without any problem. Any ideas of what the problem could be?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

February 26th, 2013 00:00

Hi 01kaare,

I suggest you to reseat the wireless card and update the BIOS to the latest version to check if it is detected properly during the first boot. You can download the BIOS file from the following link:
http://dell.to/127wKv0

Please let me know about your findings.

“To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

7 Posts

February 26th, 2013 02:00

I do have the latest BIOS A06 installed, but how do I reseat the wireless card (Wireless : Europe Dell Bluetooth 365 Card) that is installed?

It is the Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet card that the system can't find. I have tried different network cables, that work on my other computers, but in vain.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

February 28th, 2013 23:00

Hi 01kaare,

Thank you for your reply and apologize for assuming it to be a wireless card. I suggest you to install the Network Card drivers from the following link:
http://dell.to/12fripS

You will need to run the hardware diagnostics to check if there is an issue with the network card port by following the steps provided in the link below:
http://dell.to/OUGnqT

Please let me know about your findings

7 Posts

March 1st, 2013 04:00

Installed the network card drivers. During the installation I got the message "Can't find the Microsoft SNMP-services. However ignoring the message the installation completed. Shortly after I experienced "blue-screen". Ran the hardware diagnostic, that reached 93% completion - th program was still apparently working on the "hard-disk". After 1hr 45 min I aborted the operation. Restarted the computer in safe mode - no apparent problems.  Restarted normally. Had to restart 2 times before the network card was found. The same happened when restarting "cold" machine 2 hours later.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

March 4th, 2013 05:00

Hi 1kaare,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. I suggest you to run an online component diagnostics on the Network Card by visiting the following link:
http://dell.to/QhZhXV

You will need to reinstall Windows if the test passes.

7 Posts

March 4th, 2013 22:00

The software was installed on the machine. The system passes the test, however when run after a cold startup. the network card is not present/found by the system. After a couple startups the network card is found and appears in the PC-Doctor and passes the test without no problem.

I notice on the Internet that I am not the only one with this problem on my XPS83000, so this must be a known issue to DELL.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

March 5th, 2013 06:00

Hi 01kaare,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update. This is not a known issue with XPS 8300. I suggest you to uninstall the card from the Device Manager and restart the system. This would refresh the driver and the device. Please follow the steps provided below to remove the device:

1. Click “Start” and type “Device Manager” in Start Search and press Enter.
2. In Device Manager, double click on Network Adapters.
3. Right click on the Network Adapter (E.g. Broadcom Network Adapter) and click Uninstall.
4. Restart the computer.

Please right click on the device again in Device Manager and click “Update Driver” and select automatic search option when the card is detected again.  Let me know about your findings.

7 Posts

March 5th, 2013 22:00

I hate to inform you that this did not resolve the problem. By the way I have also done a complete re-installation of the PC without success. 3 hours wasted working time, rebuilding the software, connecting to the work group and reinstalling printer.

And you still claim that this is not a known issue to DELL and a weakness with the Motherboard?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

March 7th, 2013 05:00

Hi 01kaare,

Thank you for your reply and apologize for the inconvenience caused. This issue can also happen if some Windows files are corrupted and I had to confirm this by reinstalling Windows to replace the motherboard as the entire hardware test passed. Please send the system Service Tag (including the name on the account) and the contact details via Private Message, so that I can check the warranty status and provide the options available.

Please click on my name in Blue on the post and click on “Start Conversation” to send a Private Message.

7 Posts

March 8th, 2013 08:00

The past 24 hours + the PC has been turned off 2 times and been "cold" for more than 6 hours. When turned on, both times the network card is recognized immediately. I and probably not you either can explain why! I await the situation.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

March 11th, 2013 04:00

Hi 01kaare,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. Please send me the system Service Tag with contact details via Private Message, in case if you experience the same issue again so that I can help you further after checking the system warranty status.

No Events found!