Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

December 17th, 2009 12:00

dell 1501 pc card slot?

Hi,

I just got a dell inspiron 1501 laptop. It says it has an express card slot. Im not sure what it means. I thought it was for a internet pc card, which is what I wanted because sometimes there is not wi-fi in some places. I bought a Clearwire pc card and put it in this "express card" slot but its not doing anything.

Im just wondering if this slot was made for an inernet pc card or for something else.

Thanks for any help.   :emotion-1:

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 17th, 2009 13:00

Yikes!  I hope you didn't try to jam a PC Card (aka PCMCIA card) into the laptop's ExpressCard slot. They are NOT compatible.

The Inspiron 1501 also has a place for a mini PCI wireless card. You should check whether yours already has one in place. If you don't where to look, download the owner's manual.

December 17th, 2009 14:00

Yes, my domputer does have the mini PCI wireless card but isn't that just to connect wi-fi? I wanted to have something when I was not around a network.

So I'm thinking I'm going to have to go with something that is through the USB slots...It just sucks because I thought that was what that slot was for, they are the same width and everything. :O/ , and now I have this PC card and no use for it :emotion-12: 

Would there be a piece or something I can buy to make it compatible?

Sorry Im not to computer savvy...

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 17th, 2009 19:00

There are PCMCIA to ExpressCard adapters which you can buy on eBay. I have no personal experience with them.

1 Rookie

• 

1 Message

August 2nd, 2024 02:33

Basically, accessory slot

No Events found!