Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 28th, 2014 09:00

dell wireless 1395 wlan mini-card

what is the max speed i can get with this??

i have inspiron 1525

my anothe laptop shows speed(150mbps) but dell only(54mbps)

is there any speed diffrence?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 28th, 2014 10:00

kryptonsamsung,

This adapter, works on 2.4GHz ONLY and has a single stream. You'll only get 54mbps from this adapter.

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 29th, 2014 03:00

kryptonsamsung,

Try using these Recommended Wireless Router Settings I use channel 11. I would make a new SSID to make connecting easier.

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your network adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Click on Advanced. Look for Antenna Diversity. Change the Antenna Diversity from Auto to Aux.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

May 29th, 2014 00:00

Another problem is everyday I have to give new name to my router so that it can find it otherwise even if ur sitting next to it it can't detect it. What to do to solve this? im using same router for other devices b it a hp e machine smartphones etc none of them creating this problem.:emotion-10:

May 30th, 2014 01:00

Thanks for the recommended router settings just by changing it from WPA2 to WAP-PSK my 135 was able to detect my network. R these (WAP-ASK) security sufficient?

I more thing my router doesn't have option of disabling  20/40mhz just to options 20 or 20/40mhz what to do?

May 31st, 2014 21:00

gain im facing same problem adapter not detecting my network.

what encryption should i use??? TKPI OR AES ??? i got it conected by changing encryption!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2014 22:00

kryptonsamsung,

WPA-PSK(TKIP) Security(Personal) is secure. Depends on the make and model of your computer and operating system, 32-bit or 64-bit, you may be able to use WPA2-PSK(TKIP) Security (Personal)

Rick

June 1st, 2014 23:00

im using

dell inspiron 1525

xp sp3

this is the first time my 135 was able to detect my network and my conclusion is that is only because of ur suggestions and the change in encryption.

thanks

RockSt☆r-Rick K

looking forward for ur help in future :emotion-21:

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2014 23:00

kryptonsamsung,

Glad you got it working! :emotion-21: Thanks for posting back.

Take care,

Rick

June 4th, 2014 23:00

hi rick

i need ur help

reasintly in have installed os xp sp3 on my laptop and have installed all updated drives on it everything is going well but one thing is not SOUND

i have install sigmatel driver on my laptop i can listient to music do skype but i can't hear system sounds on logon logoff sounds working rest b it a selection click b it folder opening double click noting happening!

what might b the problem???

help

krypton 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 5th, 2014 16:00

Krypton,

Hit the Windows key and the r keys. Type

services.msc

Hit enter. Look for Windows Audio. Restart the service.

Do you have sound?

If still no sound, post in the Laptop Audio Forum and someone there can help with getting the sound working.

Rick

June 8th, 2014 23:00

thanks

for reply

i tryed but problem still there.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 9th, 2014 09:00

kryptonsamsung,

On my wife's XP system, the wireless adapter sometimes turns off, after extended periods of time. She presses F2 to turn off the adapter, waits 30 seconds, then presses F2 again to turn the adapter back on.

For sound, If still no sound, post in the Laptop Audio Forum and someone there can help with getting the sound working.

Rick

March 19th, 2019 07:00

Dear Sir, 

Good Evening.

I am a Senior Citizen of 70 years old and happened to buy on Dell Laptop D 430 Latitude loaded with Windows XP - professional  32 Bit .

The Tag  is   

Incidentally , it got corrupted and when I reloaded using a CD available with me, i found that the CD for the driver is not available.

I am struggling like anything to find the same in India and a big failure sir.

Anybody can help me !! I will be very remembering your help, as I do not want to part with this machine at all, du to various reasons.

Regards, 

March 19th, 2019 08:00

Any body can help me to download the Dell Wireless 1395 driver for my Dell D 430 Latitude Lap top loaded with Windows XP - 32 bit I will be very.......................THANKFUL . i am a senor citizen of 70 years old Regards, 

March 25th, 2019 04:00

Hello VSS Rajan,

The wireless driver for the 1395 wireless card can be downloaded from here. I hope you have the means to download the driver. Let us know if you need any further help.

No Events found!