PudgyOne
6 Indium

Re: does my PC have WiFi capability?

arock01,

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
souravsoni
1 Copper

RE: does my PC have WiFi capability?

hey dear, my network adaptor lists following: Realtek RTL8168/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

please tell me? can i use wi-fi in my desktop?

0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Rhenium

hey dear, my network adaptor lists following: Realtek RTL8168/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

please tell me? can i use wi-fi in my desktop?

No wifi.

0 Kudos
Kimmiekai
1 Copper

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 with a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and AMD Sempron(TM) Processor LE-1250 can I use one of these wi-fi usb adapters to have wi-fi capabilities. I am tierd of the desktop taking up space in the living room and wish to move it to another room in the house without having to move modem and router. Is this possible?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ieee488
5 Rhenium

I have a Dell Inspiron 531 with a NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller and AMD Sempron(TM) Processor LE-1250 can I use one of these wi-fi usb adapters to have wi-fi capabilities. I am tierd of the desktop taking up space in the living room and wish to move it to another room in the house without having to move modem and router. Is this possible?

You can use any USB wifi adapter. I generally suggest to get one of same brand as your router.

0 Kudos
PudgyOne
6 Indium

jlng1932,

Can you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
SB_15
1 Copper

1:  How do I detect if my Dell pc can connect to wifi  rather than with an Ethernet cable?

2:  How do I detect if my Dell pc has card inside, (modem ?) to connect to Ethernet cable

it has an Ethernet socket at the rear of the pc.

Thanking you in anticipation of your reply.

sylvia

0 Kudos
Hazzapage
1 Copper

Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E GBE NIC

0 Kudos
thompsonCR
1 Copper

NVIDIA nForce

0 Kudos
GingaNinja09
1 Copper

Could you be more of a tool?  Let me see if my telepathic abilities will aid me in my quest for knowledge...hmmmmmmm...hmmmmmmmm...nope, you are a complete ***. No room for improvement. Congrats, you nailed it. <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU>

I gotta know...does typing out a response like you did make you feel like, for that split-second, that you don't have a micropenis?  For that one, brief, moment you felt like all the other boys, didn't you?  Well, Piggy, you can have the conch now.

0 Kudos