Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 14th, 2008 17:00

how can i enable my 3G broadband modem on Latitude D830?

my latitude d830 has a module for inserting sim card. i did inserting sim card in and enable 3g broadband modem in bios setup. but when i run dell mobile broadband card utility it says "NO DEVICE DETECTED". although there's no new hardware detected in windows device manager and everything is going well there.
how can i use my GPRS to connect my laptop to the internet?

thanks in advance

troubleshooting steps i have taken

enable and disable broadband modem in bios.
scan for hardware changes.
change the sim card (another carrier)
stay in places with good cellular network coverage.

1.7K Posts

November 17th, 2008 12:00

I believe you need to have a GPRS card installed in addition to the sim (if the provider requires the sim to connect).  The GPRS card would connect to teh WWAN (mini-card) slot.

2 Posts

November 17th, 2008 15:00

so what's that small module back to the battery?

1.7K Posts

November 18th, 2008 10:00

so what's that small module back to the battery?

The sim slot is in the battery bay, as you have obviously already found.  The WLAN and WWAN card slots are both on the left side under the keyboard on the D830.  The steps for getting to those cards and removing or installing them is in the service manual for the D830, available on the Dell support website.

3 Posts

September 3rd, 2009 10:00

Hello Sir,

I bought a dell studio 15,It has a sim socket behind the battery,Please tell me how to configure the sim socket, I don't have any idea about sim socket, Please tell me me. Is the sim socket only working with 3G sims. 

Please..

No Events found!