Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2013 18:00

inel my wifi not working on windows 8

Intel My WiFi not working with latest drivers

I am using Dell XPS L702 laptop and I am having wifi driver issue after installing windows 8.

I install the latest driver 15.x for Network:Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Driver Along With 15.x intel my wifi Dashboad but I am unable to share internet using hotspot functions.

I also download dell recommended driver but still same problem.

I install latest driver after installing whole windows 8 64bit operating system.

what I found is....

in windows 7 64bit 14.x driver that include intel my wifi technology works well as they creates virtual wifi adapter in network and sharing centre and also create Tab to run my wifi utility programme..

in windows 8 64bit 15.x driver install properly works fine but dashboard does not create virtual wifi adapter to share internet using hotspot function..

I am using third party program to share internet instead of intel dashboard utility and it works fine.

plz rectifiy the problem for sharing internet or why my wifi dashboard not creating virtual network adapter for

(Network:Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200, Centrino Advanced-N 6230, Centrino Ultimate-N 6300, Centrino Wireless-N 1000, Centrino Wireless-N 1030 Driver)

953 Posts

August 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi naeem_whd,

This is not an issue with the Dell Drivers. This might be an issue related to the Intel My WiFi Dashboard Software. Please try to install the generic drivers for the Wireless Card from Intel’s support site and check if it works.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 4th, 2013 11:00

naeem_whd,

Please continue with Dell-Zohaib R

In the forum stickie, it states...

Installing My Wi-Fi Technology Intel® My WiFi Technology is supported only on the Windows 7 operating system with driver versions 13.1.1 to Intel drivers 14.3

New program is called Intel® My WiFi Dashboard Intel My WiFi Dashboard delivers ultimate Wi-Fi portability for chatting, transferring files, creating personal hotspots, and syncing between devices over Wi-Fi Direct. Intel My WiFi Dashboard for Microsoft Windows 7 is a free app for Intel® Centrino® Wireless products

I think Windows 8 also use the Intel My WiFi Dashboard.

Rick

No Events found!