Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2010 07:00

inspiron 1545, cant connect to network please help

this a really weird problem. I bought the laptop about two weeks ago, the wireless internet was working fine until yesterday it stopped working. Every other computer on my house has wireless internet without problems, its just mine. The thing is the computer recognizes the network, and its connected to the network but has "no internet access". The network icon on the right bottom corner has a yellow exclamation mark on it too. I called dell support and they told me it was a software problem, but didnt help me at all. If it helps i went on to control panel/network and internet/ dell wireless WLAN card Utility/ diagnostics/ connection diagnostics and ran a search. On the Internet IP ping synopsis it fails. Please i really need help! thankyou so much in advance..

4 Posts

January 6th, 2010 07:00

my inspiron has windows 7:home edition, 64 bit

14.4K Posts

January 6th, 2010 10:00

One of the first things to try is a power reset of the router. Just unplug the power to the router, count to ten and plug it back in. Leave the computers on so the router will find them and assign a DHCP address. It should not take more than one or at the most two minuets for the router to reboot and reconnect all the clients. If you both still have an issue Post your wireless card make and the Os you are running

January 6th, 2010 10:00

I am having the exact same problem.....I was on the network last night and then all of a sudden it stopped detecting ANY networks...I called Dell today...spoke with Rahul...he did Dell Connect with ..... 20 minutes later I am told that it is a software problem and they software people will help me for a price.....I don't know what to do.....I am very upset because I also have only had the computer for a short time......I have uninstalled and reinstalled the device and drivers, but it still isn't working....it does work if I plug into the modem through the ethernet.....

BTW - I have the same system.

4 Posts

January 6th, 2010 11:00

thankyou so much for the reply... ive tried that many times... i dont know if the router has issues as everyone on my family can connect to the router. The only one with problems is me. Im on windows 7 and my wireless card is a dell wireless 1397 wlan mini-card my router is a zyxel p-330w...

14.4K Posts

January 6th, 2010 13:00

I have recently found another thread where it was deteremined that in the bios the keyboard is switched from what one would assume. Normally one would press FN+F2 to toggle the wireless on and off. However on some systems such as yours this is reversed. You press the FN key when you want to use the F keys and  to access what should be the second function you just press the corresponding F key like  you found. Completly stupid. The keys should follow the quasi standard of FN+F(key) to access the second function..

Good catch..

January 6th, 2010 13:00

Hey....I just found an answer that helped.......hit F2...not FN and F2...just the F2 button....it worked for me!!!!  Try this!!!

4 Posts

January 6th, 2010 15:00

i knew about the F2, but IVE FOUND THE ANSWER!!!! finally !! it was the router... windows 7 compatibility issues, some routers are apparently too "old" to be read by the new windows... so that was it... if you cant connect, you tried everything, and you own 7, then get a new router!

No Events found!