hash02
1 Copper

inspiron 5555 activate bluetooth using wireless switch - windows 8.1 64 bits. - can't install wifi driver at all

Inspiron 5555

Service Tag:<ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

| Express Service Code: <ADMIN NOTE: Express service code removed per privacy policy>

installed Dell Airplane Mode Switch Driver Network_Driver_90M6T_WN_1.4.1_A00.EXE

attempt to install Dell Wireless 1708 WiFi + Bluetooth Driver Network_Driver_P85P3_WN32_6.30.223.259_A00.EXE

fails with error activate bluetooth using wireless switch

i try Fn + PrintScreen since it has the wifi symbol on it.

Not working. i see a windows 8 message "Airplane mode on/Airplane mode off"

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: inspiron 5555 activate bluetooth using wireless switch - windows 8.1 64 bits. - can't install wifi driver at all

Hash02,

Turn on or Turn off WiFi/Bluetooth

A NOTE indicates important information that helps you make better use of your computer. NOTE:

There is no physical switch to enable/disable wireless. It has to be done through PC settings.

1. Launch Settings Charm and select Change PC settings.
  2. Select Wireless from the left pane.
  3. Under the Wireless devices option, move the WiFi/Bluetooth slider to turn it off. Move the slider again to turn it on.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
sixpents024
1 Copper

Re: inspiron 5555 activate bluetooth using wireless switch -

To anyone who was looking for an answer to this question and has windows 7. find the model number to the card you have and find the driver itself from atheros. mine was a dw1707 so this worked for me. https://drp.su/en/devices/wifi/atheros/dell-wireless-1707-802-11b-g-n-2-4ghz?os=windows-7-x64

0 Kudos