Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 15th, 2009 13:00

more wifi connection problems

Hello Dell world

Apologies as a first timer. got a small screen oldish lattitude x300 laptop on xp. used wifi on holiday in ireland using pay for time codesystem. overran time and the internet systemclosed. got back home and the wifi no longer works. not shown as device. no obvious drivers. assume the irish system cleaned them out. how do I tell what wifi system the laptop is using so I can download appropriate driver? any help would appreciated as I have cycling the dell support help without success.

295 Posts

November 15th, 2009 14:00

For the information on your laptop and the drivers you can go to there website. Search for your computer manual and the specs for you wifi should be in there. Then go to drivers and downloads and copy you drivers. Do not use the dell manager. down load them individually. you will need the chipset and the network, audio and video. Load the chipset first then the rest. After you find your manual you will now what drivers to pick. Good Luck        http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/my_systems_info/manuals?c=us&l=en&s=gen&~ck=anavml

14.4K Posts

November 15th, 2009 15:00

Go HERE and use the enter your service tag option. In the drivers and download page scroll down to the network listing and the drivers for our particular system will show up

2 Posts

November 17th, 2009 09:00

Many thanks guys for your very quick response. These forums make the world a much smaller and better place. This is a second hand laptop without a driver cd or manuals. I feel like asking loads of questions. Can I safely download just a few individual drivers (ie chipset one) or do I have to download all of them. Are the HTML versions needed? Your patience is requested.

14.4K Posts

November 17th, 2009 14:00

You should only need to download drivers for which you wish to update. Use the download via web browser option as the download manager is very buggy and hardly works.

No Events found!