Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 31st, 2012 13:00

onboard network card not functioning

I'm having a problem with my onboard NVIDIA nForce Network Ethernet card.  I have a XPS 730 running Windows 8 (64 bit).  What is the most recent date of the driver for this adapter?  I was attacked by a VERY bad virus (called SMALL) and have just got everything back to normal (I think).  It may be possible that the driver for my network card is corrupted.  Device Manager says driver is dated 2/23/2012  and the version is 7.3.1.7336.  Is this correct?  Two weeks ago the machine ran fine, Windows 8 installed without a problem.

1.8K Posts

December 31st, 2012 23:00

Hi,

Dell has not tested XPS 730 with Windows 8. For more information on this you can check the link: http://dell.to/U7cW0Q  First step you can try is to check in BIOS if the Integrated NIC is enabled by following the steps below:

• Restart the computer.
  • As soon as you see the Dell logo, start tapping the ‘F2’ key on top of the keyboard.
  • If you wait too long and the Microsoft Window appears, then continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Now shutdown your computer and try again.
  • After this a new window would appear. You can only use the arrow keys of the keyboard to navigate between the options as the mouse is not functional in this mode.
  • Navigate to 'Advance' tab, enable 'LAN0 controller' and 'LAN1controller'
  • Press F10 to save settings.
  • Press Esc to exit BIOS and restart your computer

(Click on image for enlarged view)

Once the Integrated network card is enabled, you can install the driver for Ethernet controller from link: http://dell.to/ZRaDIf

Steps to download drivers:

• Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the driver on your desktop.
  • Once the driver is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer. 

Please reply for further clarifications. 

64 Posts

August 15th, 2013 21:00

If the original poster is running Win 8/64, shouldn't he use the Vista/64 driver, rather than the XP32 driver you pointed him to?

No Events found!