Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2010 22:00

unable to enable the wireless adapter on dell inspiron mini 10

Made one post here about it : http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19339422/19723341.aspx#19723341

To reinstate here. It is a refurbished notebook. I don't know if that has anything to do with my problem.  But there is no wireless on/off switch. And pressing FN and F2 at the same time is not enabling my wireless adapter.  Is there any way to enable it? Or could I have a faulty wireless adapter?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 20th, 2010 02:00

diskonect,

My wife has a Dell Mini 10 and to turn on the wireless LAN adapter all you have to do is press F2.

Restart the computer and press F2 and enter the bios. Make sure the adapter is enabled there.

You can also retart the computer and tap F8 and enter the safe mode with networking. Does it work from there?

Rick

3 Posts

July 20th, 2010 11:00

Pressing F2 does not generate a response of any sort.

I also entered the bios and everything that should be enabled was enabled. I did not see anything that related to the wireless adapter. WLAN Control was enabled. not sure if that is it.  bluetooth is enabled.. not sure if that is it either.

Went into safe mode also. Doesn't work from there either.  Right now on the taskbar there is 2 mini monitors one is local area connection and other is wireless connection. There is also a Wireless Network Connection : Radio Disabled icon looks like a antenna bar and it also has a x on it. I try to enable it and it says The Dell Wireless WLAN card is still disabled. Slide the wireless on/off switch to enable it.  But there is no on/off switch anywhere on the notebook.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 20th, 2010 12:00

diskonect,

Go in device manager and click on network, right click on the card and make sure it's enabled there. Try changing the Antenna Diversity from Auto to Aux and see what happens.

Was the operating system recently reinstalled?

Rick

1 Message

January 23rd, 2011 06:00

Hi there,

I recently reinstalled Windows XP Home edition and have the same problem. Do I have to reinstall using the drivers and software CD as well? Another interesting thing - when I go to "Shut down", I no longer have the option to put the computer on stand by. Why is that?

Any solutions/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

1 Message

February 2nd, 2012 18:00

In the case of my Mini 10v, it was that the ribbon cord to my bluetooth chip had come undone. I was getting this exact error. I pried off the palm rest and plugged it back in. problem solved.

1 Message

November 7th, 2013 10:00

hye when you find solution of this problem then let me know i am also facing this problem but on window 7 its work perfectly but on xp its sucks : ( not even showing wifi sign in bottom  :(

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

November 7th, 2013 11:00

Billyzee,

When you installed the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

Rick

2 Posts

August 28th, 2014 19:00

Sorry the name of the utility is Dell Wireless Enable / Disable, Wireless Enable / Disable Application, v.V0.1.0.15, A07

2 Posts

August 28th, 2014 19:00

This thread really helped me get this solved. I followed all the advice given but still nothing worked.

Eventually the solution for the Dell Inspiron Mini 10v wireless switch problem was a utility that I downloaded from the Dell driver site here:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/al/en/aldhs1/product-support/servicetag/ drivers

You will find it in the applications section.

It must be noted that I had already disabled the WZC service completely, and made sure that the Dell wireless service was started and set to automatic.

The first time I ran the utility it did not let me tick the box to turn the wireless radio on but I closed it and ran it again by right clicking on the tray icon and selecting options. Once again it did not allow me to tick the box immediately but after pressing the box a couple of times the tick mark stayed and my wireless radio turned on.

Hope this helps somebody.

No Events found!