Highlighted
mkgupta0491
1 Nickel

wifi is not connecting automatically

Jump to solution

i am using dell inspiron N5050 and my wifi is not connecting automatically after power cut and i have to reboot the device then it connects to the network. i have already updated the drivers and reinstalled the win 7 ,

0 Kudos
16 Replies

RE: wifi is not connecting automatically

Jump to solution

Hi mkgupta0491,

Please enable ‘Connect automatically when this network is in range’ feature in the wireless card properties.

1. Click on Start button.
  2. In the search box type, ‘Manage Wireless Networks’ and then press enter.
  3. Right Click on the network you connect normally and click on Properties.
  4. In the Connection tab give a check on ‘Connect automatically when this network is in range’.
  5. Click OK.

Please let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos
mkgupta0491
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

actually that box is already checked.....so sadly the problem not solved.....

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi mkgupta0491,

Please reply us with the details of the Wireless card configured on the system so that I can check and assist you further.

0 Kudos
mkgupta0491
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

srry plz  tell me how to check for the wireless card configured.....?????

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi mkgupta0491,

I would suggest you to delete the wireless network under ‘Manage wireless networks’ and reconfigure the network by adding it. You can find ‘Manage wireless networks’ under ‘Network and Sharing Center’.

0 Kudos
mkgupta0491
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

not working.....

is there any hardware problem??

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

mkgupta0491,

Please continue with

If I'm reading this correctly, you are connecting but then loose the connection and it does not reconnect, correct? If yes, then try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your network adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos
mkgupta0491
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

unfortunately this setting is alredy there........

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

mkgupta0491,

When you reinstalled the operating system, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Start with the Dell System Software and the chipset drivers and follow the list.

If the above is correct, then I would download the drivers for the adapter and save them to your desktop.

Make a system restore point.

Go to device manager, network adapters, right click on your adapter, left click uninstall. Tell it to remove the software and drivers.

Restart your computer.

When you login, the new hardware wizard will try to install the adapter, but fail. Install the drivers you saved to your desktop.

Now you'll have to manually connect, make sure the box is checked, connect to this network automatically.

What happens?

Virus program and firewall you're using?

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos