Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 17th, 2012 06:00

wifi problem

I purchased new 15R (n5110) but there is no wifi installed on it and also there is not wifi on device manager list. I installed INTEL WIFI drivers but it installed wimax. Can anyone help me.

October 18th, 2012 08:00

Hi,

I have checked the system configuration. The system was shipped with Intel Centrino Wireless-N1030 Half Mini-Card + BlueTooth 3.0
Here is the link to install Wireless drivers: http://dell.to/QucevN
Before installing the drivers, uninstall the WiMax drivers from device manager; select 'Network Adapters' and uninstall the driver. Uninstall any application for Intel wireless from 'Programs and Features' as well. Reboot PC and follow these instructions to download and install the drivers:

• Click on 'Download File' and click 'Continue'.
  • Click 'Yes' on User Account control if prompted.
  • Click 'Continue' on the Application prompt and click 'OK' on Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to (make a note of the folder location).
  • Click 'Yes' on the next prompt for folder does not exist. 
  • Click 'OK' on All files were successfully unzipped.
  • If the installation wizard does not appear, go to the folder location, select the Setup file; right-click and select 'Run as Administrator'.
  • Follow the installation wizard instructions. 

The wizard will show Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 because the driver is the same for N6230 and N1030.
Here is the link to install Bluetooth adapter: http://dell.to/V9Siy0. Follow the aforementioned instructions to download and install the drivers.

Hope this helps.
Please revert for any further queries. 

October 22nd, 2012 07:00

Hi Asghar,

Thank you for the response.
I am glad that the issue is resolved.

Let me know if I may be of any assistance. 

October 17th, 2012 07:00

Hi Asghar,

The wireless drivers will depend on the wireless card installed on the computer. I believe you have installed the drivers for this wireless card 'Intel (R) WiMax Link 6150'.
This image illustrates how the device manager appears before and after the Intel® WiFi/WiMAX Link 6150 Half Mini-Card driver is loaded. Is this how it appears on your computer?

If this is not how it appears in the device manager, I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.
I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. I will check the wireless card installed on the computer and help you accordingly.

Please reply with the information.

1 Rookie

• 

2 Posts

October 19th, 2012 22:00

Thanks a lot DELL-Manpreet C, following your recommendation i solved my the issue.

Stay blessed.

No Events found!