Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 10th, 2012 17:00

wireless internet

I have a Dell D830 laptop. I'm using a Dell Wireless 1395 WLAN mini-card and an ATT Sierra Elevate Hotspot. I'm having browser problems. Extremely slow at times, sometimes it times out, sometimes it works fine, but never for very long. Problem started several weeks ago. Worked fine until then. I have two other computers and IPad that connect and browse with the same Hotspot just fine. Called Microsoft, paid 99 dollars and had Windows checked from end to end. Installed Norton to check for viruses and such. Tried uninstalling software for Hotspot and now when I connect via tether to reinstall it, it reinstalls over and over and over and will continue until I disconnect. After I disconnect it says the device may not work properly and it obviously doesn't? ATT says it's not their problem, Dell wants more money and I've tried everything I know of. I haven't uninstalled the mini card and reinstalled and I don't know how to allow windows to manage my wireless. Help please.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

December 10th, 2012 18:00

gcovin,

Check the Norton Firewall and make sure the subscription is up to date. This is for printers but will get you to the firewall settings. Allow a printer past Norton

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Click on advanced, look for antenna diversity and change it from Auto to Aux

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

No Events found!