Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 8th, 2015 13:00

wireless or with cable printer option doesn't work

I've a vostro 3360 win 7 , I5 , i installed hp officejet 6500 printer and it doesn't work.it's a wireless printer .with all others others laptop's at home it work, just this one doesn't.

i did installed the driver properly,however it doesn't 

What details you need to receive from me to understand..

Please help.

1.8K Posts

April 10th, 2015 07:00

Hello,

First question is, does your Vostro connect to your wireless network?  Second, which wireless card is in your system?  Third, what sort of home network do you have set up, and is that HP printer a stand alone wireless printer or is it attached to another system but others access it wirelessly?

Are the systems that connect to the wireless printer also Dell systems?   What OS are they running?  Are you running any security software on the Dell system that you aren't running on the others?

What error message do you receive when you try to connect to the HP printer?

Last, have you gone to the HP support website to check the documentation on that particular printer?  

When dealing with wireless network and connection issues, specifically to 3rd party equipment, there are a lot of variables that can affect connectivity.  If you can answer the above questions we may be able to suggest some things you can try.

Hope this helps.

Todd

9 Posts

April 10th, 2015 10:00

hi Todd

First question is, does your Vostro connect to your wireless network?  
Yes, i've a tp link router. the laptop did recognized the printer easy.

Second, which wireless card is in your system?
dell wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n (2.4ghz
minint ad1vhq2- it provide me internet wireless now 
atheros /8165 pci-e gigabit ethernet 
 Third, what sort of home network do you have set up,
home network.
and is that HP printer a stand alone wireless printer or is it attached to another system but others access it wirelessly?
is a stand alone printer - connected to the router directly- other 2 laptops are connected and are working 

Are the systems that connect to the wireless printer also Dell systems?   yes
What OS are they running?  tp link, if i understood you correctly.
Are you running any security software on the Dell system that you aren't running on the others?
if there is i do not know.

What error message do you receive when you try to connect to the HP printer?
that's the problem, there is no error, the scanner is working, but the printer is not printing.

Last, have you gone to the HP support website to check the documentation on that particular printer?
yes, i did download the latest driver and tried through the computer to download and there is no updates. 

When dealing with wireless network and connection issues, specifically to 3rd party equipment, there are a lot of variables that can affect connectivity.  If you can answer the above questions we may be able to suggest some things you can try.

thank you, if there is anything not clear please tell me,also if you can use teamviewer i will be happy.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 11th, 2015 15:00

bacal,

Please continue with Todd.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system on the Vostro? f yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

On the Vostro, first run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart the computer.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, I would go to HP's Website and download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

If it then prints one document but will not print again, restart the computer and see if the print jobs print after you login. If yes, I may have a solution for this issue.

Rick

9 Posts

April 12th, 2015 00:00

Please continue with Todd.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system on the Vostro?

hi- well i think this was never formated, i've just boughted the lap ,so i'm not sure if yes, or not,however i  think it was not. 
f yes, did you install the drivers in the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

On the Vostro, first run Delete Print Jobs to remove stuck print job(s) from the queue, then restart the computer.

on this thing i've no problem, i've done all, my main problem is why the printer doesn't print.

Make sure the printer is not usb cable connected.- it's not 100%

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

i've win 7, with license.

Restart your computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

With the computer online, I would go to HP's Website and download the Vista 32-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 32-bit or the Vista 64-bit drivers for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 64-bit. Install the Vista drivers in the Vista Compatibility mode You'll get a message, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on).

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

If it then prints one document but will not print again, restart the computer and see if the print jobs print after you login. If yes, I may have a solution for this issue.

the main thing is, that after i send a doc to the printer not always i see the doc there, sometimes it send and than it disappear...where should actually be the problem., the computer was bought in USA however,it's now in israel, where i should get the support for it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 12th, 2015 16:00

bacal,

If you're using Windows 7 and have Internet Explorer 11 installed, it may be causing the problem. I have seen some issues with the Dell V series printers having printing issues.  You could try...

Open Internet Explorer, click on Help, then click on About Internet Explorer. It should show the version there. If you have IE11, then go to control panel, Windows Update, Installed Updates, look for Internet Explorer 11. Click on Internet Explorer 11, uninstall.

Restart the computer, when prompted. Then see if your printer works.

The other option is to turn off the balloon tips for the printer.

Start, control panel, devices and printer, your printer, printing preferences, advanced, more options. Tell it to never show. The problem with this setting is you cannot tell if you're low on ink, printer jams, Etc.

Rick

9 Posts

April 13th, 2015 12:00

hi,

i've windows 10. and i've changed per your request the preferences, however nothing changed.

i do notice that when i try to print it keep showing like nothing comes form the laptop to the printer..zero.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 13th, 2015 15:00

bacal,

Windows 10. Try installing the chipset drivers, restart the computer, then try the printing. If this does not work, then try...

Hit the Windows key and the x keys at the same time, click on command prompt(Admin)

Type

net stop spooler

Hit enter

Type

net start spooler

See if this starts the print spooler. Then try to print.

Rick

9 Posts

April 15th, 2015 12:00

hi,

i got totally  lost, no idea how to do this...

1.8K Posts

April 16th, 2015 11:00

hi,

i got totally  lost, no idea how to do this...

Hi Bacal,

Maybe this article will help.  It has images that you can follow along.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/19/SLN287157/en

Todd

9 Posts

April 18th, 2015 06:00

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601] Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

C:\Users\10>cmd.ece 'cmd.ece' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\10>run as administrator 'run' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\10>new stop spooler 'new' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\10>

Nothing was recognized, i'll look for a tech person or dell in israel, i think..

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 23rd, 2015 14:00

bacal,

Sorry for the delay, work.

Is the operating system, on the computer, in English or another language?

Rick

No Events found!