Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 6th, 2022 16:00

AW3821DW, virtual agent nightmare

I have the issue with my 1 year old Alienware AW3821DW monitor not powering back up after sleep. Your agent insists on getting a Service Tag. I don't know it. I bought the AW3821DW through you though so you should already know and shouldn't have had to ask me in the first place. When asking for help, I'm pointed to a video which only shows service tags on computers, not on monitors. This 34" AW3821DW is super heavy and has numerous cables attached to it which I was utterly meticulous in cable management so that it doesn't look like I work in a rat's nest. Could you please create a better support experience?
1) Improve your virtual agent so it can look up hardware we've purchased through you.
2) When we ask for help repeatedly, it means your agent failed. Please transfer us to someone for correct routing.
3) Since numerous people have reported this same problem (I first reported it 2 years ago), maybe actually fix it?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 13th, 2022 04:00

We have sent guidance notes to their manager.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

September 7th, 2022 07:00

The virtual bot must have the Service Tag before an agent is involved. The virtual bot is not capable of searching the Dell database for an email address. The virtual bot is only tasked with checking the warranty from the Service Tag. If inside warranty, the virtual bot then passes the case over to an agent.

The agents should have suggested that you open the online AW3821DW User's Guide pages 11/12 which shows you where the Service Tag is located.

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPG

September 12th, 2022 10:00

It "should have", but it did not.  I appreciate you validating my view of the problem is accurate.  What now will be done to address it?  It's a horrid customer experience.

No Events found!