Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

February 18th, 2010 08:00

CD ROM DRIVE CANNOT OPEN

I've had my Inspiron 1525 since December 2008.  I am now having problems with the cd drive.  When I put my printmaster program cd in, it will not start.  I also tried a music cd and it will not start.  When I look at "my computer", the cd drive is not there.  When I look in device manager and click on the cd drive and properties, the message says "this device cannot start (code 10)".  In December of 2009, I started using Magic Jack for my phone service.  The Magic Jack plugs into the usb port.  When I have it plugged in, and click on "my computer" it shows the cd drive ('G:) with Magic Jack in it.  When I click on properties, it shows there is no free space in the cd drive.  Also, "my computer" shows Magic Jack in F:, which is the usb port that Magic Jack and the phone are plugged into.  I have been using the Magic Jack since December 2009 and had no problems with using the cd drive for my printmaster program until now, when it tells me that the drive cannot open.  Could the Magic Jack have caused this? 

I also used "Fix It" in Microsoft support.  It detected the problem and said it fixed it, but it did not fix it.

Is there anything I can do to fix the problem?  I didn't think that my computer was that old to have a problem like this, unless it is the Magic Jack causing it....and I don't know what to do about it, since the drive does not work with the Magic Jack plugged in or not plugged in.  I am really upset about this and want my cd drive to work for me again.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 18th, 2010 16:00

Already responded in the disk drives forum.

No Events found!